PSD64D8000FM mainboard

This forum is for information related with D series hardware.

ravidhu

PSD64D8000FM mainboard

Post by ravidhu »

hi all,

i have a generic question which i searched for and couldn't find any answer to. so help me out please

i have the above plasma tv (PS64d8000FM) and it has a main board model BN94-04848T i bought the TV from Singapore and its been next to impossible to find an exact replacement. i`ve noticed there are other BN94-04848 models especially in the UK BN94-04848N for e.g - if i get this down will it work on my tv ? :geek: BN94-04848N comes for 64 inch plasmas with model number PS64D8000FU so only the last letter is different. i`m sick of trying to find the exact replacement Samsung tech is horrible and advises me to buy a new tv ! but i cannot stand to get rid of this plasma. sure it heats up the room and consumes a lot of electricity but in its prime it cost me a small fortune and its picture quality is still better than LEDs for my old eyes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ravidhu

Re: PSD64D8000FM mainboard

Post by ravidhu »

anyone ? let me know pls
roolis

Post by roolis »

as i had my hands on two same E series mainboards,just last letter was different,cause these two boards were from 2 different regions,so what i found,is that only few settings in service menu were different,like ofcourse tuner region,language and etc,so it was needed just to set them as in previous board,so if its the same with D series plasma,then you are good to go,i even got proves,that you dont have to look for exact screen size,it can be from smaler or bigger tv,it just has to be the same model.Ofcourse you have to watch that tuner,that is on board is the same,cause when i was lloking for boards,one board from South Africa had very small tuner,which wont work in EU.If some experts have something to add or correct me,that would be great
ravidhu

Post by ravidhu »

hi roolis thank you very much ! i dont need the tv tuner as we are all satellite TV here. (hence hdmi)

i`ll give it a try and update all for their benefit.

Return to “[D] Hardware”