How to downgrade D6200 ?

Here for general support for D series TVs, request and problem solve area.

Lupine

Re: How to downgrade D6200 ?

Post by Lupine »

My main goal is to STFU the info banners on a D6500 @ 1027 using the hospitality hack.

I have the same problems as Elysium with:

Code: Select all

/mtd_rwcommon/widgets/user/SamyGO/SamyGO/etc/init.d/01_01_catch_crap.init failed to execute
/mtd_rwcommon/widgets/user/SamyGO/SamyGO/etc/init.d/02_04_vusb.vpvrimage.init failed to execute
/mtd_rwcommon/widgets/user/SamyGO/SamyGO/etc/init.d/03_03_nfsmount.init failed to execute
/mtd_rwcommon/widgets/user/SamyGO/SamyGO/etc/init.d/04_04_samba.init failed to execute
I can FTP and Netcat to the TV. The php and cgi pages don't work, probably because the Apache server isn't started.

One thing I noticed, echo $SYSROOT returns an empty line. That would mean ". /dtv/SGO.env" is not executed, right?
juusso wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:36 pm One more before you go sleep:
1. download this 01_01_catch_crap.init, unzip it and upload to TV via ftp. Overwrite existing one. Please do not edit this file, just unzip, upload (use binary mode of your ftp client), overwrite.
There's indeed a few differences between the original file and yours.

# © Copyright 1996-2011, SamyGO

$SYSROOT/bin/busybox nc -l -l -p 1023 -e /bin/sh &
	$SYSROOT/bin/busybox tcpsvd -vE 0.0.0.0 21 $SYSROOT/bin/busybox ftpd -w / &

# © Copyright 1996-2011, SamyGO

$SYSROOT/bin/busybox nc -l -l -p 3023 -e /bin/sh &
#	$SYSROOT/bin/busybox tcpsvd -vE 0.0.0.0 21 $SYSROOT/bin/busybox ftpd -w / & 
I will try to use your init file tomorrow, but if even $SYSROOT is not defined I don't think it'll make a difference. Next step is to redo the hospitality hack. Should I also try to reinstall SamyGO using develop in the SmartHub? Someone said his TV wouldn't even do FTP anymore after reinstalling...

- EDIT
Still getting "failed to execute" after replacing 01_01_catch_crap.init.

- EDIT2
Something did change after replacing 01_01_catch_crap.init. In the old one I could Netcat on port 1023, in the new on port 3023. At least that part of the script is executed.

- EDIT3
Tried some things. Blocked Samsung OTN IPs. Disabled AllShare. Deleted all scripts in init.d except 01_01_catch_crap.init, 02_04_vusb.init, 06_05_apache.init and 99_99_InfoBannerDuration.init. I can now access the TV from the browser, including cgi-bin. That did not work before.

Tried starting 99_99_InfoBannerDuration.init through cgi-bin/test.cgi:

+ samyGOso -D -l /mtd_rwcommon/widgets/user/SamyGO/SamyGO/opt/privateer/usr/libso/libSTFU.so
samyGOso: invalid option -- 'D'
usage: samyGOso -p PID {-c CONFIG | -l /full/path/to/inject.so [-r (=resident)]} [-d (=debug on)] [-a (=add libc addressoffset )] [arg0,...,argN]
samyGOso v1.2.1 (c) bugficks 2013
+ sleep 1
I could try replacing samyGO.so, I am now using the one included in libSTFU.

- EDIT4

Replaced samyGO.so from libSTFU with samyGOso v1.2.5. Commented out line 21 from catch_crap.init because I don't have /dtv/usb/sd*/smb_userdata. Restarted the TV, no more "failed to execute". Now STFU works! But not all banners are affected. The recording reminder is just a flash now. The one I want gone but is still there is the popup after the recording started.
Kovajda

Post by Kovajda »

Hello.
So I tried everything according to the instructions and also without success.
What to try to overwrite the 1014 firmware as 1029 via usb?
dglandry

Post by dglandry »

Hello.
I arrive at the same result as Elysium.
No progress for 1 year.
Where is it to downgrade since version 1028?

Cordially
daviddrf

Post by daviddrf »

dglandry wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:25 am Hello.
I arrive at the same result as Elysium.
No progress for 1 year.
Where is it to downgrade since version 1028?

Cordially
+1, it would be great being able to downgrade from 1028 firmware version to a previous one.

Return to “[D] Support”