UE46D6750 and application access

Here for general support for D series TVs, request and problem solve area.

J2J

UE46D6750 and application access

Post by J2J »

Hello everyone! I have a very curious question regarding apps. This will be a post with a story. About a year ago I became very interested in using Netflix but it was not available in my country and of course the smart tv app was missing too. But after changing my TVs region to USA - the Netflix app appeared and installed itself automaticaly. I wanted too setup a Netflix account but unfortunately my bank card was not accepted. So I reverted all changes I made to my TV, lost all interest and forgot about the thing.
Now, let move a year ahead. Neflix is finally available in my country and I was expecting for the app to appear as a recommended. Nothing happened and the Netflix app is nowhere in appstore. I thought - "ok, lets check the other TV". My other TV is UE40EH5300 and surprisingly - Netflix app appeared and installed automatically. I am baffled why there would be a Netflix app on the E series TV and no app at all on D series. Same thing goes with HBO GO app - it's on E series but not on D.

Frankly this is infuriating because if I change the D series TV region - both apps appear and install as recommended. BUT - I can't use them because HBO GO app for my country is different from the one used in USA and I can't even activate it and Netflix does not even connect to its servers without doing some DNS magic.

My question is - Is there any metod to acquire my countrys version of Netflix and HBO GO apps used on E series and force-install them on D series tv?

And if its only because Samsung decided my UE46D6750 is too old for Netflix and HBO GO (which both exist and install on other region setting) just to force me and others to buy a newer TV - then it is simply a dick move.

Return to “[D] Support”