Re-install Skype for D-series?

Here for general support for D series TVs, request and problem solve area.

mark004

Re-install Skype for D-series?

Post by mark004 »

Hello!

Is there a working way to re-install Skype for Samsung Smart TV D-series after the Skype app had automatically disappeared (since Skype for TV is apparently not supported any more)?

I've seen that this is possible for other TV series.

Thanks!
alexcano

Re: Re-install Skype for D-series?

Post by alexcano »

Hi, I've tested with several widgets, but with no success at the moment. I'm not sure if samsung also cleans (with the widget) driver webcam files from internal folders of Smart TV.

Regards.
alexcano

Post by alexcano »

Good news!. I can run skype in my UE40D8000 (arm processor) with success. First you have to root TV with Samygo, to access TV via ftp (see Samygo wiki). After that, install via Smart Hub Deezer app. Access TV folder /mtd/down/widgets/normal and delete all files in folder 111299001086 and finally copy these files to that folder:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B40uU5 ... sp=sharing

note: it's a 2011 skype version but works!!!! until Deezer have no new update version supose :-(

Regards.
resy

Post by resy »

Is Skype working again as it was before deleting from smart hub?
Or do you have to load deezer app before you can use skype with the camera?
I have a UE40D6500 and looking for a solution to get skype again on my TV.
resy

Post by resy »

Hi,
I#ve checked today for UE40D6500 with samygo to reinstall skype like described here but it seems that the skype app is not loading and the camera is not found.
So what we need is someone who has a backup of the samsung files and the skype app before removal.

Kind regards
Roland
abhinew

Post by abhinew »

YES I URGENTLY NEED SKYPE FOR UA46D7000LR FW1025
AANY BODY WHO CAN DARE THIS. :roll:
METHOD SHOULD BE WELL DESCRIBED LIKE
abhinew

Post by abhinew »

resy wrote:Hi,
I#ve checked today for UE40D6500 with samygo to reinstall skype like described here but it seems that the skype app is not loading and the camera is not found.
So what we need is someone who has a backup of the samsung files and the skype app before removal.

Kind regards
Roland
What do you mean by Skype app is not loading Kindly be specific about error messages??
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

abhinew wrote: What do you mean by Skype app is not loading Kindly be specific about error messages??
It means Skype app IS loading but it's NOT "kind" thous "not loading kindly". It often swears, shows "finger", etc. :(
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
resy

Post by resy »

HI everybody,
I've got Skype back on my UE40D6500 today and it's working again like before!!!! I'm struggeling with the ring tones but anything else semse to be working. Incoming calls are shown and I can run calls from TV out.

Kind regards
Roland
abhinew

Post by abhinew »

Roland Ibwant the entire method for this urgently

Return to “[D] Support”