40D5700 - bootloop continues after eeprom reset....

Here for general support for D series TVs, request and problem solve area.

diegodiec

40D5700 - bootloop continues after eeprom reset....

Post by diegodiec »

Dear all,

First of all, I want to introduce me, my name is Diego, I'm from spain and I have a 5 years old samsung tv 40d5700 with a big bootloop. I'm new in this matter, so I've never rooted the tv nor done something outside of the normal (I mean, I only whatched TV, no TV hacking and so on).

Suddenly my tv entered into a bootloop (during the night when it was turned off...when I wake up in the morning, tv was powering off and on...).

I've tried the eeprom reset procedure of the wiki and after several trying's I get the message about "go into the servicemode and setup..." but the loop continues. I mean even having this message (I understand that eeprom was resetted), the bootlop continues. but if I power off via remote control when the message is shown, then TV remains powered off as usual, but if I turn on, bootlopp starts another time... so I'm wondering if maybe the problem is not the eeprom... but not sure because once I followed the reset procedure, the behavior changed, so it might be related to eeprom...

shall I change the complete mainboard? is there another procedure that I can follow?

could you kindly give me some light?

many thanks in advance for your support :)

Best Regards, Diego
shaban

Re: 40D5700 - bootloop continues after eeprom reset....

Post by shaban »

Greetings! A watchdog in the service menu is disabled? And you can see what's going on in the console ...
diegodiec

Post by diegodiec »

Hi Shaban!

how can I check this? since TV is in boot loop I have no time to enter in any menu... Is there any tutorial about how to or see what's going on in the console??

Thanks for your feedback!!
diegodiec

Post by diegodiec »

Hi,

I've measured the time, each cycle takes 20 seconds. The bootloop occurs even when the eeprom pins SDA and reset are connected for reset. Exactly 20 seconds.

I think it might be related to power supply board, maybe some capacitor is wrong like this video shows:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vSPVBJ0n1M
shaban

Post by shaban »

I do not even know, I would look at the output of the console, through exlink it would be seen the problem in the software or hardwares, well, try to quickly turn off the watchdog remembering the combination of the console or via exlink if uart: debug
D5700Admin

Post by D5700Admin »

Did you find a solution to your problem? My D5700 TV suddenly shows the exact same symptoms (20sec boot loop) with a proper TV screen (but just for some seconds). I assume it cannot be broken big times. Any hints appreciated.

Return to “[D] Support”