Updating components of SamyGO widget?

Here for general support for D series TVs, request and problem solve area.

zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Updating components of SamyGO widget?

Post by zoelechat »

Sure, like all bins included in SamyGO.
Told you updating busybox won't help anyway, it's even possible that 1h timeout is initiated by TV itself (=by kernel).
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
Rezik

Post by Rezik »

Okay, since I'm not sure of anything, I'll rather abandon this idea.

I'll look more into the program then.

EDIT: Well the current buysbox complains no UTF-8 support, If I'd tried it, I would have to get the source of busybox and then what?

The current version is BusyBox v1.18.3 (2011-10-29 18:14:24 CEST)

EDIT2: Omg, busybox isn't the ftp server, it's just a container for various utilities ... oh
Rezik

Post by Rezik »

zoelechat wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:31 pm I noticed myself that 1h disconnect (on E series, with brand new busybox!), not sure any fix has ever been found.
Not sure it has any effect, I've never been patient enough to wait another hour :D

8MB/s is expected since TV has got only (weak) 100Mb ethernet.

For both reasons, better focus on offline or realtime decrypting (don't ask me, I know nothing about D :) )
Well I've rewritten the whole Destroi program in C# but in Winforms instead of WPF just for programming experience and to get some of my features in - I tried hotpatching Destroi it self but I was too confused with the WPF environment as weird GUI bugs started appearing (like items on the list disappearing when pressing on them, all kinds of reference errors, the source was also pretty old so it needed manual edits to make it compile in modern VS2017)

The crucial thing to me I added was that it will detect files existing and will not overwrite them and skip to next one, Destroi overwritten anything without prompt by same name in the folder even if it was totall okay, required a lot of micromanagement with fiddling files around into temp folders, as well as putting them to subfolders by channel name automatically.

So I only included the realtime decrypting, cause I only designed it strictly for my own needs, and also there's no much of a speed difference when downloading raw with Filezilla.

Speaking about speed, Destroi reports 8 MB/s, but with my Winforms version, I also fixed and did things differently, it was written from scratch still, just using the Destroi source as a helper, so I get maximum some 5.6 MB and that also goes with what FileZilla reports, but it's the same forumula in Destroi, so I don't know how Destroi got 8 MB/s, it may not be correct or it's running faster than FileZilla ... I doubt that.

I have now been able to workaround the timeout somehow, not even sure if it's fullproof, I did other tricks like setting really big control/transfer/tcp timeouts, but mainly, by restarting the ftpclient and reconnecting each time I download a new file, so every time a new file is downloaded, the connection is closed completely, then fresh one is opened at the start of the foreach loop, versus previously using the same connection to download multiple files just like Destroi used, because I noticed how restarting the program would make it work for 45 mins to an hour, or 4-5 files.

Yesterday it managed +8 hours nonstop through the night.

I did see another PVR download app on this forum a a few times this year, started with this in the summer, but paused for 3 months and finished it now in december, so if anyone thinks this was wasteful don't worry I was aware of it throuhg these 3-4 months, I wanted to code and make it on my own anyway, so I kinda ignored it on purpose, but it also says it's for E/F series only and no mention for D Series, it could still work so I might try it sometime later.

The system of using 1 larger HDD for PVR and one smaller for recoded recordings as MKV videos for practise is primairly meant to save size at parents place where I visit a few times a year and do some computer maintenance and cleaning and stuff like this will help me automate this process a lot more faster, so I don't have to sit at the PC just downloading files one by one, and I don't have to pull out the TV and disassemble the HDDs to upload transcoded ones, so uploading via FTP through the TV directly was a big deal, just had to use 10 FAT32 partitions because NTFS is read only.

I am also seeing disconnects when uploading with FileZilla, the same recorded files althought transcoded from the ridicolous 15 Megabit MPEGTS bitrate to much lower H264 bitrate but practically looks the same,

I did uncover something else at the very end when I finally got most of the program doe and focused on the actual download/decode part, I pinged it and occasionally every 30-50 minutes a big spike would occur, around 1300-4000 miliseconds of delay, for just one packet, however averaging at 14 ms when transferring files (it's LAN, so it's 1ms when no transfer)

-----------------------------------

But I'm looking at busybox binaries and it seems like there's no FTP inside the bigger 1.35 MB official busybox, so the bigger one is less powerful than the 650 kb SamyGo one that seem to be the one holding the actual FTP server.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Interesting report. And... where is your software? :)
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
Rezik

Post by Rezik »

Not kinda finalized yet, I probably have to upload it with source anyway since it's using some Destroi components, but I'll need to prepare that.

Now some people would say D series are old, but not everyone's hopping on the idea of replacing all the electronics every 3 years, so I figured this D series will be there to stay for quite some more time.

But since you guys said it's all hardcoded and strings have to be exact, then it's not possible to update, a new busybox ftpd would most definitely have different size and differently arranged strings, but isn't this the samgo's busybox, if it's a mod, how can't I mod it again ? that said, fortunately I don't really need an update, but UTF8 and ABOR command support would help, however the TV might not accept UTF8 so it may not be much of a benefit, so these are just conveniences not some critical things, wouldn't want to brick it just because I'm curious more than I need to be.
Rezik

Post by Rezik »

The disconnect is still happening when uploading to another HDD with Filezilla, but it's random, it may work fine for 2 hours, then it'll throw out 2-3 times in 1 hour. it says "ECONNECTIONCLOSED", it's a bit scarse on details even with INFO debug logging, I am thankfully able to simply resume it.

But I don't know what kind of magic I did in the downloader program that this doesn't happen anymore, at least in this case.

Well the SamyGO PVRDecoder mentioned in this post viewtopic.php?p=76657#p76657 doesn't work on my D series because it has problem connecting with telnet, not sure if I'm doing correct port but i tried all 3 listed, it's not meant for D series to begin with, I only tried it to see if it might work.

---------------------------------------

Anyway I'll open a new thread about that, and if someone knows a safe way to update the FTP server part without the hardcode issue on an already rooted/SamyGo installed TV without having to reinstall SamyGo, then let me know. Or is there simply a new version of SamyGo ?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Here is no new busybox iirc. But if you find correct binary with required applets- you can just overwrite existing one and do sync before to reboot. I just recommend you to use some safety : check busybox from commandline before to replace, start ftp server on different port and check how it behaves etc BEFORE you do replacement of existing binary.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE

Return to “[D] Support”