My stupid stupid day

Here for general support for D series TVs, request and problem solve area.

Brian1960

My stupid stupid day

Post by Brian1960 »

Hi

I have a Pn59d550c1fxzc

I did the unthinkable and went into the service menu just to see what it said about the bluetooth my new comp on the network was picking up from the tv and accidently toggled something.
I knew what it was and had the page saved on it but something happened to my pc and it was lost even using history in firefox couldn't find it.
I think it was something to do with upgrade or transfer of some kind as I did read about it right after it happened but since then I can't recall it.
The wierd thing is I can't use my remote whatsoever so all these google searches that say to use remote to reset tv comming up are irritating when I clearly state no remote. ;)
It will also turn on if I toggle the main power off and on but it takes some mins and does let me use hdmi2 which was the port that was on I think when it happened.
I have the exlink cable etc and am wondering is there a way to reset the tv through exlink?
I'm thinking it's stuck waiting for the transfer in the service menu but I cant tell as the screen is blank unless I send something to hdmi 2.
It's like it's only semi bricked or half baked.

Any ideas?
vip23

Re: My stupid stupid day

Post by vip23 »

Use a smartphone with IR Blaster and this app: https://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=10405

Turn your TV ON, select any channel to watch and then just press S1 + S2 and it will enter to Extended Service Menu
Brian1960

Post by Brian1960 »

Won't I have to press yes to confirm to use an external infared device on my tv?
I tried the sammy go app and some others when it first happened and my tv popped up a choice for me to allow it or not but with no use of my remote control that came with the tv I couldn't say to confirm the sammy go to control it.
The other obvious issue is both my cellphones don't have infared capability.
Again the tv will not accept any input from my samsung remotes or even pressing on the buttons on the tv itself.

Thanks for any assistance on this.
Brian1960

Post by Brian1960 »

Anyone ever find a way to fix this?
TV still works fine on the input it was on when this stupidity happened, just no TV remote.
It's basically a dumb monitor now.

Return to “[D] Support”