UE40D7000 change LOCAL SET for Netflix subtitles

Here for general support for D series TVs, request and problem solve area.

mark21

UE40D7000 change LOCAL SET for Netflix subtitles

Post by mark21 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:17 pm

Hi!

My old tv D7000, i try everything on it, root, widgets, oscam (without dvbapi) and now want to watch Netflix..

Until few days the tv was rooted with firmware 1015 i think, but no netflix app appear.

I decided to make a firmware update to 1033_2 , last one to receiver netflix app.

All ok after firmware update, neflix app appear but i can choose Romanian subtitles from the app, only English, Polish, Turkish and German.

On the PC with the same account, Netflix has Romanian subtitles on several series.

I try to change smart hub country area with 2-3 different zone, but same problem, same subtitles received.

I check in the service menu and i saw on option Local Set is EUR_TURKEY and can't be changed. (it;s grey)
I remember from the past, this option can be changed with Germany, Austria, Turkey or OTHER (no others country's to choose)

Can anybody tell me how can i proceed to change Local Set or to make a firmware downgrade ? i have T-GAPDEUC_1018.0 and T-GAPDEUC_1031.1 but from usb stick when i try Software update it's not working, No available updates..

Thank you!

mickbanane
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: UE40D7000 change LOCAL SET for Netflix subtitles

Post by mickbanane » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:36 pm

Hi,

Not sure that it is the cause of your problem. If you want to do it anyway, you need to go to the extended service menu.
I did it on my UE46D7000. There are different ways to do it. I used a smartphone with a built-in IR transmitter and this app:
https://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=10405
Search the forum or the wiki for other solutions.

Good luck.

mark21

Post by mark21 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:51 pm

i didn't find any smartphone with IR..

i can enter with my remote in Service menu, but it's still grey that option..

There is a change to make an firmaware downgrade to root again the tv ?

jumanji

Post by jumanji » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:25 pm

Hi mark21,
Hopefully you have fixed already, but just in case: did you tried to make the changes in your Netflix account on your computer?
I live in Denmark and my wife (and me of course) want to have indeed the same romanian subtitles. First of all I created my account in danish and after that I was able to switch in romanian with right subtitles...
Of course, not all movies have all languages subtitles.
Good luck!

Return to “[D] Support”