UE32D5700 EEPROM reset and service menu settings

Here for general support for D series TVs, request and problem solve area.

8Ball

UE32D5700 EEPROM reset and service menu settings

Post by 8Ball »

Greetings,

recently I bought a Samsung UE32D5700 TV with a known issue, the remote doesn't work completely (I can't turn off TV or use numbers for example). Except for that the TV is working. AFAIK the problem exists since the previous owner screwed up some service menu settings. Unfortunately I don't know which settings were changed.

I tried several things to fix that problem:

- re-pairing remote
- using an universal remote, same problem
- updated Firmware
- changed service menu settings (option, type, model) because those seemed to be wrong
- factory reset
- EEPROM reset described here: http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php?title=U ... PROM_Reset

I am not sure if the EEPROM was reseted properly. After joining VCC and SDA the TV starts and the message "Please go into service mode and setup below options" appeared. And the remote was working correctly, I could use numbers and shutting off the TV. Looks like it works! I entered the service menu to apply those settings but they were still all set. Sadly after the next reboot the problem occured again.

I repeated this procedure a few times without success. Straight after the (failed?) EEPROM reset the remote is working correctly but only until next restart. So I am not sure if the EEPROM reset really happened.
Than releasing SDA line and shutting TV off will update the settings on EEPROM with null values, that TV could boot with it. After all, you can enter service menu and change the required changes.
This didn't work for me, after releasing the SDA line I can't turn off TV, it just restarts. Maybe because of this the reset has no permanent effect?

Any suggestions what I can do to make sure the reset is successful? Are my service menu settings correct? Please help me :)

So long
8ball
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: UE32D5700 EEPROM reset and service menu settings

Post by juusso »

You did procedure correctly. Could you tell how did you enter service menu while on eeprom reseting procedure?
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
8Ball

Post by 8Ball »

Hi juusso,

thanks for your response. To enter the service menu after the reset procedure I had to unplug the power cable because after releasing the SDA line tv my TV is restarting automatically. I can't turn it off manually. I guess the problem is that the EEPROM settings are not set to null values like described in the how-to.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

You have press tv to standby, and then info menu mute power to enter to service menu. You do wrong unpluging tv from the wall. So your eeprom reset fails then.
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

8Ball

Post by 8Ball »

I tried several times to press tv to standby but it didn't react on pressing the standby button. Instead it is just restarting.

When do I have to press the standby button exactly? Not later than 20 seconds to avoid automatic restart after releasing SDA line?

I will try again.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Release short circuit on SDA line when you get LCD on. Then press on standby OR you can press FACTORY key twice (use SRC app or any other methods to send service IR keys), then you go to service menu stright on the first bot. Then set proper values and press on stand by.

Return to “[D] Support”