Samsung D6100 Questions: Hotel Mode/Settings/Hidden Menus

Here for general support for D series TVs, request and problem solve area.

Quattro1

Samsung D6100 Questions: Hotel Mode/Settings/Hidden Menus

Post by Quattro1 »

Hello
I have now NEW UE32D6100 Samsung LED 3D Smart TV
It has Smart HUB function and PVR from factory. But there is one option, what I need- web browser. This tv has internet connection, goes to facebook, youtube, weather, google maps, BUT THERE IS NO WEB BROWSER to visit some random websites. HOW CAN I ACTIVATE THIS? Or is it possible? And Skype can be useful too.
Want to know, what kind of stuff can activate via HOTEL MODE?
If you don't want to answer here, write private message to me. Please.

1. Need web browser
2. need skype
3. Why is Menu-System/settings-PIP deactivated? I cant go on PIP with remote to turn it on or off. On remote, my TTX/MIX button do not work. It should switch to PIP.
4. When I am watching movie on HDD/USB/network with SUBTITLES, there is 3 sizes: small, medium, large subtitle TEXT SIZE. But It changes the font size so little. Is there maybe some code/hack or something else, to make medium to now large size and change large size 2 sizes MORE BIGGER?
5. WHAT ELSE INTERESTING I CAN ACTIVATE IN THESE MENUS? How to see the HIDDEN MENU? New D series, has different menu NAMES.
6. SHOULD I UPDATE TV VERSION FROM 001004 TO 001009??? What are the risks? What it changes? Should I do it?

I WAS GOING WITH THIS INSTRUCTION-
http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/How_to ... r_C-Series
, but there is a problem: TON of stuff is wrong with menu names. Names have changed. So what I should config. on these new menu names???
Like Hotel mode is on D series: Hospitality mode.

I UPLOAD HERE MY SCREEN MENU SUB MENUS for SAMSUNG D6100 TV (click on picture-then you see larger picture):
CONFIG OPTION:
SUB OPTION:
HOSPITALITY OPTION:
CONTROL:
SOUND:
SHOP OPTION:

Thanks, if anyone can help me. 8-)
SAMSUNG UE D6100 FW 1010.3
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Samsung D6100 Questions: Hotel Mode/Settings/Hidden Menu

Post by juusso »

Quattro1

I think Hospitality mode is HotelMode we are mentioning on our pages. I see here channel import/export settings as well.
You could try to hack your TV over HospitalityMode according C series manuals. It does the possibility to run Samygo All extensions, moutn NFS or Samba shares, execute scripts. But if you do not need it, leave it as is. Sure, Samygo would be highly appreciated if you make HospitalityMode hack tests, because no one done it before ;)
Another question - about Browser. I saw here a widget for D series for surfing on the Internet. Can`t tell you where to download, but you could try it. And skype widget exist as well.
What about PIP. it seems Samsung makes their weird not true PIP - it gets activated only when supported sources are connected - PC, HDMI video sources. If here is not the true PIP with two selectors, then you can`t use it to watch two channels simultaneous. Read your TV manual about that.

If you feel lucky with 1004 firmware, do not upgrade to 1009 or even to 1012. Bit if you have bad picture and so on, try to do that. Read changelog of every firmware you are going to install, but as the rule, Samsung does not improve any functionality, makes just smal bugfixes. And as you red on our forum, it is not recommended to upgrade to latest firmwares, they are less friendly to Samygo.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
Quattro1

Post by Quattro1 »

Hello again.
Thanks a lot for these answers. 8-)
Halflife:
My tv firmware is 1004. TV wants to update to 1009 it over the internet/LAN. For now, I have cancelled this update.
My internet region was Eastern Europe- Country called Estonia.
I thought changing TV model too, but I think, it is too risky.

juuso
I tried step by step the C series hacking over hotel mode. Import channel list to usb (no usb inserted), but the hidden menu did not unlock/appear.
How do I do this HospitalityMode hack test? If it does not do any harm to my TV, then I agree to too it.

Web browser. Yes, some say, that there is an app, but I have not yet found it. I changed my Internet region from Estonia, to USA, to Canada, to Finland, to UK/England, but no Web browser app or skype app. In USA/Canada mode TV sayd about some apps, that they are not supportet on my region. But how, when I changed region to USA? Maybe the other regions (cable TV) are still on Estonia mode.
I once got working PiP, not bad function on this TV :)

TV recording to USB/ hard drive works fine. When TV is OFF, then tv record my show by not turning tv, or LCD or sound ON. Everything is Off. But only thing about recording is that, if you watch something and put it recording, you can't change the channel.

Maybe someone can recommend some EU (European Country) where web browser, skype or MSN apps are available. If not, I have to change to all 27 countrys one by one :D This could take weeks of testing....

halflife, thanks for tip for MSN. :D

I think, maybe I try this instruction:
http://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f= ... 579#p17560
Maybe it can open the hidden menus....
Quattro1

Post by Quattro1 »

I opened up the hidden menu:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2053

Here are my hidden menu ON SAMSUNG UE D6100:
Sub Option:
Config Option:
beppegasp

Post by beppegasp »

not function
vievtopic.php?f=20&t=2053
jimbob

Post by jimbob »

Thanks to the advice in this thread I got the 3d working properly on my D6100.

The panel died the other week so Samsung sent out an engineer to replace it (Excellent, quick service under warranty).

He told me that several different panels are used for the same TV and each one needs different settings. I watched him change the screen type then check a picture. At the time I had no 3d glasses so he had to look at 2d converted to 3d until it 'looked right' without glasses. It appeared to look how it used to when I'd pressed the button out of curiosity.

Anyhoo, I bought some glasses which arrived yesterday and everything in 3d was blurred and unwatchable. I remembered what the engineer did, googled, found this thread, followed the instructions and changed the screen type on my TV.

A lucky hit, the first one I tried was the right one!

All 3d working perfectly now.

CHeers,

JimBob
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

You also could write wht exact did you change and what is your panel type. Thanks!
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE

Return to “[D] Support”