D6500 3D Resolution NOT FULL HD

Here for general support for D series TVs, request and problem solve area.

D6500 3D Resolution NOT FULL HD

Postby Jimmbean » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:07 pm

Hi @ all,

I've got a question regarding the 3D Resolution of the D6500.

I'm the more or less proud owner of one of them and got the Problem (like many other people), that the resolution in 3D mode breaks down to 540p.

In our german Hifi-Forum, there is a hot discussion about this problem and now I wanted to ask, whether some of you can approve this problem.

Here you got the Link to the Hifi-Forum and there you can get verry nice testpics.
www.hifi-forum.de/index.php?action=brow ... ID=345#345

If someone is interested in testing it and would be so kind to answer, I would be verry thankfull.
Maybe someone got any Idea, why the resolution is breaking down or even knows a way to increase the resolution?

Greets @ all

Jimmy :)
TV Set: Samsung UE40D6500VSXZG V01
Jimmbean

Re: D6500 3D Resolution NOT FULL HD

Postby erdem_ua » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:20 pm

WTF???
(I mean Welcome To our Forum, or something different!)

I don't want to believe this definitely!
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Postby Jimmbean » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:53 pm

Thanks für your answer.

Our first reaction to the Test shown on hdtvtest co uk was exactly the same! (sorry the Spamfilter dont allow me to send the full link! just type: "HDTV Test 6530" in Google and you should find the test!

Samsung them self promotes the D6 Series with "2D zu 3D Konvertierung in FullHD zu jeder Zeit" which means, that the TV is able to convert any 2D HD Signal to a 3D HD Signal, but it definitely is not able! AND this isn't only the problem of converting, no, EVERY tested D6 Series TV, from 37 up to 60" were unable to show the full resolution in 3D Mode, no matter whether the Signal comes from a Samsung 3D BluRay-Player, or it is played from USB (like the 3D MPO Picture)

But the biggest unbelievable problem is, that Samsung pretends, that there is no problem at all and only stall the customers with simple answers like "reset your TV or update to the Firmware" until now.

So... @ all D6 Series users.

please be so kind, test your TV with the 2D and the 3D Photo shown in the Hifi-Forum and post your experiences.

The Resolutiondrop is realy easy to locate! Only compare the 2D Pic and the 3D Pic.

Owners of the 7 and 8 Series can confirm, that THERE is no resolutiondrop on those series!

Greets @ all

please excuse me, when I did some mistakes in writing.
English is not my mother tongue.
Jimmbean

Postby erdem_ua » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:48 am

Don't care english, we don't care it here unless we can't understand you...

Okey, I will really wonder when samsung will cure this issue. Because if they don't, all D6 series owners could "return" their TVs under consumer rights because device is defected.

I know also Samsung managers/engineers reads here... They needed to explain the situation about why 6 series can't show full HD 3D picture.. If they not, I can ask them directly. Since they sold this TV's with "FULL HD 3D TV" motto, they needed to support full hd resolutions as they promised... Or they needed to be clearly indicate that D6 series can't show FULL HD 3D pictures but I don't read anything about it yet.

All I can say that, it's looks like artificial problem. I thınk samsung tried to defect 3D picture quality on D6 series to sold D7&D8 with much more higher prices...
With this they try to make consumer thinks D7 TV's has better picture due panel they used... What a shame...

So lets advertise this issue everywhere and watch what Samsung makes. If consumers aware from low quality SD resolution on 3D mode at D6 series, I believe no one buy one from them but choose another brand.
I think they understand the situation importance after their shares started to drop and angry mob's comments..
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Postby erdem_ua » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:48 pm

I marked this topic as Sticky.

I test 3D feature at my D6000 (hurray Admin has D6000 !) and 3D HD looks horrible! Not useable as HD but SD...

I also send mail to some top Samsung managers about the issue. Waiting for their answers.

I believe they will fix this issue since it's serious thing. Because if they don't fix, it's leads banning on selling D6000 series TVs and Samsung has to accept of return of this TV series.
Also harms Samsung brand name due cheating customers...

Thanks.
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Postby julianbb » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:52 pm

Hmm, did anyone can take a shot thru one of the lens of 3d glasses at small exposure time let's say under 2 miliseconds ? (1/400hz) to see how is looking just one of the frame.
Like that you can be sure about resolution !!!

Pictures on the link above if where taken without glasses can't be a prove because you have 2 pixel in 3D instead of 1 pixel in 2D for the simple reason that 3D means different positions in space for each eye of the same pixel...
Someone with a smart camera?
(if possible not Samsung 8-) )
"Everything is possible... The impossible just takes longer..." (Dan Brown)
julianbb

Postby erdem_ua » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:39 pm

But what about the non 3D pictures like "OSD" texture detail drop?
It's same pixels for each eye. Not different pixels or depth available for other eye.
Also "menu" detail looks dropped.

Since this resolution drop not observed in D7000 series, I believe your claim is null bro.
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Postby Jimmbean » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:49 pm

Thanks for your answers!

@erdem_ua
Special Thanks for selftesting it and for your quick reaction in contacting Samsung!

As you can see, the Resolution drops verry horrible, so that ANY ONE can simply see it!

I think the problem, why most users didn't see it is, that the difference between 720p and 1080p ist not that easy to see while sitting on the sofa 3 meters away from TV and watching an exciting film.

@julianbb
thanks for your answer.

The problem is NOT, that there are 2 Pixel to let the Pic go 3D! Our Testpic ist made to create a sharp 2D pic in 3D Mode 100% Overlay!
So there is no need to test it with the glases (but it also has been testet with and without!)

The problem is, that the resolution of EVERYTING even the menu goes down in 3D Mode!
And that is definetly NO FULL HD 3D!

And to point it out clear: we also tested this picture on 7xxxD series and above and THERE is NO resolutionbreakdown (or how to say)

Thats why I posted here, because I think, that die guys in this forum are more technical experts than me.

Greets @ all

Jimmbean

Postby FlashErase » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:43 pm

@julianbb

Glasses are not necessary. Look at this picture:

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/5311 ... trash5.jpg

Both parts of the picture are taken in the 2D-modus of the TV. For the upper part I set the BD3D-player to
send a 2D-signal to the TV. For the lower part the player sent a FullHD-3D-signal via a HDMI 1.4 cable to
the TV. It's clearly to see that the TV for 3D reduces the resolution to 540p (each four pixels contains
the same content to fill the 1080x1920-format) when the input signal is in 3D. And stupidly it reduces the re-
solution even if it works in 2D-mode. Already the presence of an 3D-signal causes the TV to reduce the resolution
independent from the 2D or 3D-modus. Poor!
Last edited by FlashErase on Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
TV: UE37D6540USXZG Version: 01 SW-Version: T-GASDEUC-1013.7 , BT-G (returned meanwhile and changed to a philips 37PFL7606K/02)
BD-Player: BD-D6500 Glasses: SSG-3300GR
FullHD 3D is displayed in reduced 540p resolution
FlashErase

Postby julianbb » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:22 am

Yes , I agree with FlashErase
From the picture uploaded it's clear that 3D resolution =540p
Thats mean a hardware problem from design...
Panel cannot refresh all 1080 lines at 400 hz (anyone searched for panel type specs ? ) so samsung decided to half resolution and use interlaced to gain some time to fill buffers) or old stock scaler IC for 240hz panel... anyway Samsung screwed
"Everything is possible... The impossible just takes longer..." (Dan Brown)
julianbb

Next

Return to [D] Support