D6500 3D Resolution NOT FULL HD

Here for general support for D series TVs, request and problem solve area.

ptah

Re: D6500 3D Resolution NOT FULL HD

Post by ptah »

New firmware T-GASDEUC-1020.1 is released.

First Reply from one user of German Hifi-Forum:
N? ist nicht in Full HD ...
No Full HD
air

Post by air »

ptah wrote:New firmware T-GASDEUC-1020.1 is released.

No Full HD
I told you so. :(
flonec

Post by flonec »

everything is a lie
vde certification is a friend of samsung.. 8-)

Sorry for Google translation
Zer0K3wL

Post by Zer0K3wL »

Well i got my money back 2 times felt sorry for store tough so contacted them directly.
meanwhile if got a sony 46 inch hx750

and its full hd 3D its 3D effect is amazing and its 2D pwns the d6000 3D or least 2D

2D does't look like objects in images being sewed together it does on any samsung if owned.

Btw i got this tv for 1100E the d6750 was also 1100E

my pair off glasses came with cloth bag it did't come with d6750

even colors are way more richer and darker and whites are actualy white not so white that hurt your eye's ruining whole tv image.

Most off all their no cross talk at all maybe see it once per hour tough.

still trying to figure out tough what auto 3D low or high does low seems be default i think it boost the depth every scene adding extra depth without adding any cross talk.
MacDaddy8000

Post by MacDaddy8000 »

I have an ue46d6505vs nearly 1 year old, i have just been made aware of this issue and have contacted Samsung in Denmark where i live, and they told me that because theres no industry standard for Full HD 3D, they are allowed to sell it as an Full HD 3D tv and have no plans to do change anything, i am thinking about taking this to the Danish Consumer Council, but if Samsung just can claim theres no industry standard i guess theres no point in trying, what do you guys think?
BeCube

Post by BeCube »

MacDaddy8000 wrote:I have an ue46d6505vs nearly 1 year old, i have just been made aware of this issue and have contacted Samsung in Denmark where i live, and they told me that because theres no industry standard for Full HD 3D, they are allowed to sell it as an Full HD 3D tv and have no plans to do change anything, i am thinking about taking this to the Danish Consumer Council, but if Samsung just can claim theres no industry standard i guess theres no point in trying, what do you guys think?
3D-FullHD is not an industry standard? Testing logo from which institute are absent? EICTA? Or other institues too? When EICTA-Logo is present - there are missing more institues? Why is it not defined?
There are no 3D-Full-HD (1080p) television films on cable?
How comes 3D-Movies on the TV? 90% BluRay!
BluRay is an industry standard. :shock:
Why Samsung doesn't produce TV's with a resolution of 1873*1164?
Why shows 3D-FullHD-TV's exactly the resolution of 1920*1080? Lucky coincidence? :?: :?: :?:

In Germany it's relevant, what customer can be expect in cause of the advertising :o , and that the 6er + 7er Series is equal in advertising.

Btw: Which industry standard is definied for "i'm a television and shows moving picturs (films)"? "Television" is not an industry standard, so Samsung can (example) sell toasters, an name it "ue46d6505". :D
Zalechi

Post by Zalechi »

Hi all, I'm from Moldova, owner of UE32D6500(VQXZT Slovakia), FW UPDATETED: T-GASDEUC 1020.1
TVSET was bought in Italy, 31/05/2012(~550Euro) - without the 3D FHD logo :lol:
I'm read entire the topic, but for the end I don't understand clear:

1) Why German VDE certification Group said it:
ColdFever wrote:
arris69 wrote:the answer is simple the hardware that already sold can't be fixed with firmware
Fortunately, this seems to be incorrect, the German VDE certification of the new Full HD 3D-firmware 002000 is explicit:
"Full HD representation for both eyes, 1080p lines for each eye (with Motion Plus switched off)". The Samsung UE46D6500 the VDE certified for Full HD 3D is an old one, a Samsung UE46D6500VSXG, Version "02", serial number Z8J13SRB300058H (produced in March 2011). The Full HD 3D secret lies in the new firmware 002000: Where the old firmware does not make a 3D resolution difference if Motion Plus is enabled or not, the new firmware does.

Technical explanation: The D6500-hardware is capable of Full HD and 3D. Regretfully, so far not at the same time, because the image processing power of the D6500 hardware is insufficient. Therefore, Samsung did look for a way to free up some D6500 processing power for true Full HD 3D. Obviously, they decided for an option to turn off the considerable processing power for "Motion Plus" (image transition smoothing) and switch it to optimal 3D resolution processing instead. This way, with the new Full HD 3D-firmware, customers will be able to choose between:
a) Motion Plus enabled for optimized image transition smoothing but reduced 3D image resolution
b) Motion Plus disabled for no image transition smoothing but original Full HD 3D image resolution
2) Furthermore:
ColdFever wrote:Regretfully, so far not at the same time, because the image processing power of the D6500 hardware is insufficient. Therefore, Samsung did look for a way to free up some D6500 processing power for true Full HD 3D. Obviously, they decided for an option to turn off the considerable processing power for "Motion Plus" (image transition smoothing) and switch it to optimal 3D resolution processing instead.
In my opinion there is more functions that can be switched off(temporary or fully disabled) to provide the full functionality of 3D FHD.

3) What's new in this version, where I can take specifications?
ptah wrote:New firmware T-GASDEUC-1020.1 is released.

No Full HD
Why, why, why?

TOTALY: Some pessimists say that is the hardware incapable. Ok, then why some optimists waiting for a zero-miracle from "VDE"?
PS: Did you change a first post like a WIKI for explain to new visitors all find problems and uncapability to solve problem yet or forever? Because reading this 38 pages was hard for me.
PPS: Sorry for my English, thx.
Last edited by Zalechi on Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi all, I'm from Moldova
Model: UE32D6500(VQXZT - Slovakia)
Firmware: T-GASDEUC 1020.1
Internet speed: 100/100 Mbit/s
Zalechi

Post by Zalechi »

MacDaddy8000 wrote:I have an ue46d6505vs nearly 1 year old, i have just been made aware of this issue and have contacted Samsung in Denmark where i live, and they told me that because theres no industry standard for Full HD 3D, they are allowed to sell it as an Full HD 3D tv and have no plans to do change anything, i am thinking about taking this to the Danish Consumer Council, but if Samsung just can claim theres no industry standard i guess theres no point in trying, what do you guys think?
This is bullshit, because D7xxx and D8xxx Series models are able for 3D Full HD, but only the D6xxx Series can not. The same can be said about the ice cream: "You can eat, but you can not - you're sick." However, it will be ice cream, anyway. It's a double standard - nothing more. It is for this they can be judged. I will not do that, because my tvset box has not 3D FHD logo.
Hi all, I'm from Moldova
Model: UE32D6500(VQXZT - Slovakia)
Firmware: T-GASDEUC 1020.1
Internet speed: 100/100 Mbit/s
Zer0K3wL

Post by Zer0K3wL »

Just orginise class action lawsuit to get money back samsung are frauds.

After 1 week with my sony hx750 i can see huge difference even in 2D picture.

even 2D picture i would't consider full hd its muddy and damn ugly compared to my sony.

It would't suprise me if no samsung display is actual full hd.
mmhorda
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mmhorda »

Zer0K3wL wrote:Just orginise class action lawsuit to get money back samsung are frauds.

After 1 week with my sony hx750 i can see huge difference even in 2D picture.

even 2D picture i would't consider full hd its muddy and damn ugly compared to my sony.

It would't suprise me if no samsung display is actual full hd.
Stop making free comertial for SONY here pls, as you sound a little bit funny.
For the record Sony uses panles from Samsung in their TV sets, so how can they be better I just dont see it.
Also tell me pls the price difference you had to pay in order to get a better tv with a better lcd panel, because you could do the same with samsung tv too.
TV: LE40C750 - T-VALDEUC 3011.0
TV: UE40D6100 - T-GAS6DEUC 1026.0
TV: UE50ES6300 - T-MST10PDEUC 1042.0
NAS: MyBookLive 3Tb - Core F/W 02.43.03-022

Return to “[D] Support”