Return my TV to US Region

Here for general support for D series TVs, request and problem solve area.

yorchz

Return my TV to US Region

Post by yorchz »

Hi, to everybody , I need some help returning my Samsung UN46D6400 to US region, I change it to KOR to enable PVR Function but the service Menu is not a avaliable anymore to return it to US region, anyone know how can I fix this!! thank you!!
Jaxson

Re: Return my TV to US Region

Post by Jaxson »

Hi yorchz,

I experienced a similar problem when I changed the region setting to KOR in my UN46D8000. My search for a solution in the forum lead me to this thread which includes an insighful comment from prairie.

Here is the reply from prairie to my PM to request for more details.

"Hi Jaxson, Once you have hotel mode showing and assuming you can send commands from the emulator, click either factory and 3speed or just 3speed (I forget which) and it should pop you to the service menu."

I was able to figure it out from there. What you do is the following.

1) Download, Install and Cofigure "ruSamsungTVCommunicator". It is in German but simple to install. You should be able to figure out how. If not search Google or in SamyGO forum. The application is freeware (perform a Google Search)

2) After you have "ruSamsungTVCommunicator" up and running, enter Hotel/Hospitality mode by pressing
MUTE + 1 + 1 + 9 + ENTER
You should now see the HOTEL/HOSPITALITY SERVICE MENU, which looks like the Full Service Menu

3) Start "ruSamsungTVCommunicator

4) Press the button labeled "3Speed"
The HOTEL/HOSPITALITY Menu should dissappear and red letters should display on the top of the TV.

5) Press the "3Speed" button a second time
Voila....You should now see the FULL SERVICE MENU!

6)Change the Region back to US
You will regain the ability to enter the FULL SERVICE MENU with the TVs remote and MUTE + 1 + 8 + 2 + POWER

Good Luck,

-Jaxson
SEAEngineer

Post by SEAEngineer »

you can also just purchase the factory remote which is much easier by pressing "Info+Factory" buttons.
the part number is AA81-00243A
https://www.findremotes.com/remote-cont ... 240479.htm
danukraine

Post by danukraine »

Hi. I downloaded the latest version of the program 0.0.7.0, and tried to repeat the steps outlined in Jaxson's post.

I went to Hotel menu, and pressed '3Speed' button. Nothing had happened.
I changed 'Hotel Hospitality' to 'On', pressed '3Speed' - nothing.
Changed 'Hotel Hospitality' to 'Off', pressed '3Speed' - same story.

My TV is PN59D6500.

Can anyone help me to restore the region back to US?

Thank you!
SEAEngineer

Post by SEAEngineer »

if you are unable to resolve the issue with the service program supplied on this site, the factory remote will be able to get you back into the service menu.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Optional you can try to send required keys using this howto.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
sm8422
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by sm8422 »

None of the methods worked for me. please help.
BecauseItIsThere

Re: Return my TV to US Region from NONE

Post by BecauseItIsThere »

After getting PIP and Recording to work and reporting how on this site, I kept playing with the settings. Unfortunately, I changed Region to NONE (rather than US(works) or Mexico(works) or Caribbean(I do not know)). I also cannot get into the Service menu anymore so I cannot change back. DO NOT SET YOUR TV TO NONE. I cannot enter Service Settings any more either. Does someone have an answer.

I am using IR transmitter from 2 leds and the .wav files on this site to send commands. They got me into the Service Menu prior and are sending signals but INFO + FACTORY just brings up the details on the show that the TV that is currently running and recording details.

Help is required and appreciated!
TV UA40KU6300F firmware ver. 1133(i think). I did a HARD RESET and the TV Guide is now showing up as Canada English with a different hour if that helps.

ANSWERING SOME OF MY OWN PROBLEMS ---- using 'working factory' on another post where the commentator split the factory wave from the factory + 3speed allows you to get into the advanced menu. If you made your own ir and used the package of downloaded IR .wav files, search for "working factory" and use it according to his instructions. The factory wave starts to quickly for the TV to recognize the wave.
Last edited by BecauseItIsThere on Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
sm8422
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by sm8422 »

I was able to change it.
Plug in your IR extender in PC head jack and put the other end close to your tv, then play INFO_FACTORY_inv.wav.
Secret menu will popup and wallahhhhh...you can now change it back to whatever you want.

Return to “[D] Support”