repair method for failed flash or corrupt, and a last resort

Ideas and dreaming will go this forum

kingbacana

repair method for failed flash or corrupt, and a last resort

Post by kingbacana »

Hey Guys,

Im reading a lot on the forum and I made today a account, we have to tackle this bullshit issues...

If im correctly on the mainboard av boards, there is a encrypted nand, encrypted flash, encrypted micom, then there is a eeprom.

the eeprom contains panel information and settings.

the nand and flash contains the file system linux partions, who are encrypted or readable?

in windows we have like commands chkdsk to repair corruption

After multiple reboots , like corrupted eeprom or failed flash, then the partions become corrupted, and the checksum in boot fails,
Like logo appears, and bam reboot.

How can we enforce that chkdsk for a linux partion, can we connect with uart and initiate these commands? ,

I know we can replace the nand or flash from donor boards, but will this work is other chips not keyed?

and as last resort can we use this? to can use the tvs again?
V56 Universal LCD TV Controller Driver Board PC/VGA/HDMI/USB Interface , its like a univeral av board that replace the mainboard.
it works for 10-42 inch boards, will this work?

I hope the uart ideas work, I read a lot on forums and see that normal flashing can cause this shit.. , so samsung is really bad in this, its not acceptable I think, is there not a diag secret mode that can alter the linux partiions or flash, or can somebody explain how we can do it with soldering wires to the flash chip and initizate it, I could make a electronic all in one solution for it and can sell it for a cheap price, its not a big deal, I would too know this

Help me out guys, then we help each other together we can do this!!
CodeAsm

Re: repair method for failed flash or corrupt, and a last resort

Post by CodeAsm »

Hi, im also very new here.

Ive read alott of forum posts aswell and I have come to slightly diferent conclusions and ideas.
first of all, the V56 Universal LCD TV Controller requires a firmware (loaded by a usb stick for example) to know how to controll the LCD over lvds correctly.
The most used Lcd panels are of the laptop screen resolutions and you can easely find premade firmware for these, but the Samsung panels are to me an unkown size, refresh, color correction or even timings. EDIT: I did find however the manufacturer and part number for my specific model inside the service manual. I could lookup the manufactures datasheet (if availeble, try baidu). but not sure if the TCON board needs to be used aswell.(END EDIT)

I can imagine someone might be able to make a functional firmware for the panel, but the controller is very "weak", it would be a total downgrade from what you have and a motherboard repair or replacement would be more worth it (especialy when you need to write a firmware for an unkown panel we dont have much docs on I think). Do we know the pinout and voltages of the LVDS bus?
I have a couple of them, but i one day plan on use them on laptop screens.

About the "encrypted nand, encrypted flash, encrypted micom, then there is a eeprom."
I yet dont know about encrypted, but did read about XFS, encrypted maybe, but if we can swap the flashroms with other boards, I asume its a shared key (and be leaked already?). The eeprom I read can be reset (buy a new eeprom, solder in and the mobo might rewrite new contents (the short trick))
About filesystems I know a bit, but not sure yet on LCD tv we got here.

There seem as I read the forums, depending on the models, a Micom and main SoC, either one have a nand flash or just flashrom. different tech, different ways to physicialy talk to them. I asume there are no write or read protected regions used (if so, the next wont work that easely). Regardless of encryption or state of the contents, one could read all the data and write it to new flashroms, nands or make a "clone" board with the exact same data (if we asume no unique keys are involved)

I asume Samsung did implement some filesystem integrity checks and apps for it, but I doubt normal linux tools would reconize the structure and be able to perform a repair. especialy because they used the Proprietary xfs format. Dont expect standard windows tools to be able to do anything but screen raw unformatted data.

What I did read is a common problem seem to be the eeprom contents or indeed a software fault (if its truly, nothing hardware related). the eeprom short trick might be what your looking for. I read something about swapping partitions, maybe thats used when a firmware is updated, and to start after a reboot from another partition and we can somehow perform this manualy? anyway, we both got more reading to do :D

If only I could easily find my UE32D6500 firmware sources and maybe use QEMU to emulate the nand :P

Have a wonderfull and succesful day,
CodeAsm

Return to “[D] Brainstorm”