TV sound over DLNA

Ideas and dreaming will go this forum

gebuur

TV sound over DLNA

Post by gebuur »

Hello

I have a UE55D6300, which evidently have DLNA in/built, as I can stream music from WIN7 PC to TV, and the TV can find music directly on my NAS. I assume it means that the TV has DLNA "Digital Media Controller" and "Digital Media Renderer" functions.

However I would like to stream the TV sound to my DLNA enabled B&O system, but doesn't seem to be able to find such a DLNA "Digital Media Server" functionality -> which I believe I would need to complete my Audio system.

Anyone with a hack, idea or ?

Thanks in advance
Gert
firtzbrau

Re: TV sound over DLNA

Post by firtzbrau »

interesting question ! Could the TV be both client and server ?
If you get root access to the shell it may be possible to compile a DLNA server , stuff it into the TV and start it. Am I wrong ?
arris69
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by arris69 »

gebuur wrote:Hello

I have a UE55D6300, which evidently have DLNA in/built, as I can stream music from WIN7 PC to TV, and the TV can find music directly on my NAS. I assume it means that the TV has DLNA "Digital Media Controller" and "Digital Media Renderer" functions.

However I would like to stream the TV sound to my DLNA enabled B&O system, but doesn't seem to be able to find such a DLNA "Digital Media Server" functionality -> which I believe I would need to complete my Audio system.

Anyone with a hack, idea or ?

Thanks in advance
Gert
D[7-8]... and some e series can stream to other devices (samsung tablets and galaxy phones) but the protocol looks like samsung house made stuff...
gebuur

Post by gebuur »

OK.. So who is going to compile a modified DLNA service for Samsung...

If got the skills, it can't be that difficult. Unfortunately it's more than 15 years ago since I left the SW industry, and turned to management... NOT a good move, with today challenge
Br
Gert
arris69
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by arris69 »

gebuur wrote:OK.. So who is going to compile a modified DLNA service for Samsung...

If got the skills, it can't be that difficult. Unfortunately it's more than 15 years ago since I left the SW industry, and turned to management... NOT a good move, with today challenge
Br
Gert
the problem is not to compile some stuff for the tv, more to get the video and audio data from the SOC. samsung don't use linux audio and video kernel api...
gebuur

Post by gebuur »

Hello

OK, understand that it ain't as easy as I was hoping :D , but I still hope that somewhere out there - there is someone, who has the needed skills. Or is the moel of the TV in question, simply "to simple" to make any real modifications to ?

Thanks in advance
Gert

Return to “[D] Brainstorm”