External Wifi with Samsung T24E390EW

Forum for your Monitor questions instead of TVs

ath123

External Wifi with Samsung T24E390EW

Post by ath123 »

I have this TV-monitor and I was trying to make it able to use a USB Wifi dongle.
Using my special remote control and sending Factory+3Speed I get the extended Service Menu. There I can change the option "Network" from "None" to "Ext Wifi", but whenever I turn off the TV this option reverts back to "None".
Does anybody know how to do this permanent?
ath123

Re: External Wifi with Samsung T24E390EW

Post by ath123 »

Turning "OFF" the Watchdog does'nt help.
Some years ago I managed to enable my Samsung TV-monitor B300 to be able to use an external Wifi dongle and DLNA (with Special Remote & exlink).
I don't remember the exact procedure I followed. Do I need the exlink from the begining? As I remember I used it mainly for DLNA.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Connect wifi dongle before you enter service menu and then try set ext wifi on.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
ath123

Post by ath123 »

Thank you for the tip, but it didn't work. Obviously I have to change something else (parameter, etc).
I can upload a photo of the menu just in case you can think of something (just tell me how to upload the image).
Also at "NETWORK support" there are 2 options "Ext Wifi" and "Ext only -Wifi". What is the difference between the two options?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

No idea what difference, but obviously you have to try both.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
ath123

Post by ath123 »

I did, but everytime I turn off the TV it reverts back to its initial value for "NETWORK support" to "Not Support". Any other idea/tip ?
ath123

Post by ath123 »

For anyone who wants to get the Extended (Full) Service Menu there are 2 ways.
The 1st and I think the easiest is while the TV is on to press "INFO" and then "FACTORY".
If you use the 2nd method where TV is off you have to press INFO+MENU+MUTE+POWER and after some time FACTORY+3SPEED (2 times). If you press 3SPEED only once the TV starts changing colors (press quickly 3SPEED a 2nd time or FACTORY to end this process).

I still cannot permanently change the "NETWORK support" from "None" to "Ext Wifi". It changes temporarily, you can see from Menu that another option named "NETWORK" is present (thouh if you try to use it it says unavalaible and TV freezes), but when the TV turns off the change is lost and returns to "None". Other changes (for example "PVR" to "ON") can be made permanent.
Any help/idea/tip is welcomed.
ath123

Post by ath123 »

Just to answer my own question.
The option "Ext Wifi" is when the TV has an internal Network Adapter and you want also a Wifi (as it tries to give 2 different MAC addresses).
The option "Ext only-Wifi" is when there is no internal Network adapter.
These observations were made before I switched off the TV, because as I said from the beginning I loose these options when the TV is turned off.

Return to “Monitors”