Bricked le32b450c4wxxu

Here for general support for B series TVs, request and problem solve area.

knuckle

Bricked le32b450c4wxxu

Post by knuckle »

Hi guys,

I managed to brick a Samsung le32b450c4wxxu through my own carelessness and this is a post asked for your mercy!

Currently, the TV makes the power on sound when activated with the remote control, however, the backlight doesn't switch on and there is no display, power off sound is heard when switching off. I have tried every "magic" factory reset method (involving pressing or holding certain buttons etc) that I could find, none of them had any effect.

I have tried following the unbrick method on this page, though my exact model isn't listed I am having to improvise. Having opened up my TV I have located what I believe to be the correct chip, it resembles this one (take from the linked page): Image

I am unable to read the text on my chip as the text is too tiny (I could probably manage it if anyone considers it to be very important), though it is in location IC3001 matching the picture above. The instruction on the page linked to above indicate simply bypassing the chip with a wire during switching the TV on, then after about 20 seconds removing the bypass wire, it refers to terms VCC and SDA which I am unfamiliar with, but I attempted to replicate the blue line from the above picture. One of the pins in the picture has a small arrow pointing to it, I used a similar arrow on my TV to indicate which pins I should short out.

When I did the above I had someone turn on the TV and it actually booted up, showing a noise pattern with a "weak signal" dialogue as there were no inputs plugged in. Success! Except when I remove the wire, shut down, and turn on the TV it reverts to the bricked state, as if it hasn't saved the settings at all. I repeated the process a few times to be sure, and it is still basically bricked.

And so I could use the advice of people who know more about it than I do, as I see it there are a few options open to me, in reverse order of preference:
  • Buy a new TV.
  • Buy a new main board for the TV.
  • Solder a wire onto the pins to permanently bypass the chip in position IC3001.
  • Some other option?
The firmware on the TV is an official Samsung issue, I don't know exactly which version, but I did update it myself fairly recently.

If anyone has any advice for me I would be very grateful, and if I can provide any information for you than please just ask!
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Bricked le32b450c4wxxu

Post by juusso »

When your tv is boot up, you have to put tv to stand by and enter service menu, do factory reset from there. Just then your unbrick procedure succeed.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
knuckle

Post by knuckle »

Hello again,

Thank you for your response. I followed your instructions but I completely failed to access the service menu, I know I have accessed it in the past, after all, that's how I bricked the thing in the first place! I was, however, able to access a standalone hotel menu, but no option in there for a factory reset, and for some reason the buttons on the remote didn't work in the hotel menu.

I have decided to just permanently solder a small wire onto the pins on chip in position IC3001, I tested by plugging in a DVD player into the scart input, and it works as long as the device is booted up with a wire in that position. I shall do this unless there are any other suggestions for me.

For the sake of completeness here is a picture of the model number:
additional links in case of 404:
https://image.ibb.co/mxthRF/board_model_number.jpg
http://imgur.com/ZUr1rG8

And the chip that I shorted out with the small wire (I drew on some arrows showing the pins I shorted):
additional links in case of 404:
https://image.ibb.co/iLKBLa/ic3001.jpg
http://imgur.com/mUeyHVK

And some textual data for search engines to pick up:
Model: saturn4_dtv_rev
Code: bn41-01165b
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

When your tv is booted up (screen is on), disconnect wire you used on IC3001 and then use remote control to power off (to stand by). Then use regular commands to enter service menu. Wire is needed only until you see screen is on.

LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
knuckle

Post by knuckle »

Hmm, well, an update:

I tried everything I could but I could not get the service menu to come up. I followed your instructions from your previous post, I tried every guide I could find online, but nothing worked.

I have soldering on a wire to bridge the pins on IC3001, the TV boots up every time and the screen comes on and all the normal menus work as they should, but the TV refuses to display any actual picture; I plug in a DVD player via scart connector and it doesn't recognise a signal.

Is this because the wire is permanently in place?

At the moment I see my next move to be getting a replacement main board.
knuckle

Post by knuckle »

And another update:

I ended up replacing the main board, the TV now works.

I do appreciate the help I received, even though I ended up with a replacement :)

Return to “[B] Support”