LE37B530 update stops at 89% -> death

Here for general support for B series TVs, request and problem solve area.

echtholz

LE37B530 update stops at 89% -> death

Post by echtholz »

Hello,

I tried to update my the firmware from my LE37B530P7W (yes, it was dumb and I won't try it again) from 2004 to 2009.
So I followed the official samsung guideline and unzipped the .exe to an usb drive.
The update started normally but stopped at 89%.
It ran the whole night but still didn't continue!
So then I unplugged the usb drive.

Since this point the screen is black and I can't manage to make the TV work again.
I tried the reset command (Info, Menu, Mute, Power) and Exit Button >15s + Left and Okay.

Nothing works!

The TV shows a red LED which blinks a few times when I power on the TV.
Does someone know how to fix the TV again?
Does it help to reset the eeprom or change the motherboard? I found some on ebay for about 40€

Your help is really appreciated
Regards
Jan
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: LE37B530 update stops at 89% -> death

Post by juusso »

Only way is to replace mainboard. Tou can do this at home. Nothing special. No other easy or cheaper ways.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
echtholz

Post by echtholz »

So a reset from the eeprom will definitely not gonna help?
echtholz

Post by echtholz »

If I have to buy a new mainboard, can I buy a mainboard from a LE37B550.
Would I have then any benefits over the B350 model or isn't this to the panel compatible at all?

Or maybe even one like this:
https://www.ebay.de/itm/Samsung-Mainboa ... rk:22:pf:0
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Brick during firmware upgrade process makes damage on oneNAND, it is like HDD on your PC. With damaged partitions/firmware your TV can`t boot properly. Thus there is nothing to do with eeprom here. If you know someone, who can reball your onenand, reflash it by programmer, then this is also an option for you.

Before to buy another motherboard, check part number of yours. I think same series (the LExxB5xx) shoud be cross-changeable, but it is better to compare against part no, cable pinout and so on if part no differ (mainboard is not from the same TV model).

I quickly consulted to google, it gave me some links to exactly your mainboard for sale, for example: https://picclick.de/AV-Board-BN41-01165 ... 86216.html. I bet you can find more deals. But i guess you want to do some model upgrade, by choosing mainboard from "higher" model, right? :)
No idea if particular BN41-01165A board from LE37B580 TV will work for you, but chance is really high as your TV goes with mainboard number BN41-01165B (or even BN-01165A in some cases) and mainboard you want to buy is also revision A ,which suggests me, all connectors will be identical on both mainboards and all must work out of the box :)
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
echtholz

Post by echtholz »

Okay thank you very much for your detailed answers!
I ordered now an AV board from a B350 which will hopefully work safely.

Return to “[B] Support”