Not entirly true ...
I dunno if my case is somewhat different or that I discovered a new way here
.. but I'll explain my situation and how I got back to 2006.0 ...
My stock setting ...
LE32B650T2PXXN (CI+)with stock firmware T-CHLCIPDEUC 2007.1. I flashed to 2008.2 a while back but I could get back to 2007.1 like you did the rollback way.. but 2006 just wouldn't show up...
What I eventually did when I got tired of trying and slowly was taking more and more risks to brick it was
1. Download the 2008.2 firmware from Samsung support website
2. download the T-CHLCIPDEUC 2006.0 PATCHED firmware from http://developbyte.com/samsung-tv-firmware/
<-- I choose the patched cuz in the end thats why we want 2006, but feel free to get the stock 2006.
3. download the SamyGO RSA-Disabler v0.01.zip from https://sourceforge.net/projects/samygo/files/B%20Series/Content%20Library%20Applications/
3. Copy the RSA disabler to the TV like you do with other apps (if you have trouble with this let me know then we'll take this step in focus)
4. Extract the downloaded 2006.0 patched firmware to the root of an USB stick (it will extract to root:\T-CHLCIPDEUC\)
5. Extract the original 2008.2 firmware. It will extract to a dir \T-CHLCIPDEUC\ (doesn't matter where). Go to \T-CHLCIPDEUC\image.
You'll find 2 files there major_version and minor_version.
6. Copy the major and minor files to the usb stick in root:\T-CHLCIPDEUC\image. You do not need to overwrite anything because the files are not included in the 2006.0 firmware.
7. Now start up your TV (be sure watchdog is turned of and RS232 is set to debug in service menu <-- let me know if you don't understand this) start the RSA disabler from the content management menu NOT the normal content menu (mine only loaded it from the management menu).
8. Then plug in the USB stick with the 2006.0 firmware. Wait for the popup. Choose software upgrade and let your TV look for updates. Now your TV wil find the 2008 firmware on stick!(this is normal) Just go ahead and upgrade.
9. Wait for the reboot.. now you've got 2006.0 PATCHED firmware on your TV
Sidenote .. If you go to the upgrade menu in your TV .. it WILL say you have the 2008 firmware. but if you go to the service menu it will say 2006.0 .. Also if you open up the major and minor version files in a text editor you'll see it only has a version number in it.. So you just tricked ur TV... **edit (thnx to Juzis28) open up /mtd_rwarea/Version.0 remove the content and put "SWU_T-CHLCIPDEUC_002006_I02_ES000DS000_091112" in it (without quotes ofcourse
). save the file and your TV will now also show that it's the 2006 firmware
Also you can just rollback to 2007.1 if you like as well..
Now just enable telnet one more time manually
make a SamyGO.sh and mount.sh put them in /mtd_rwarea/ and you're TV will autostart them on startup
Not sure what you wanna do with the TV but be sure to put
- Code: Select all
# Enable Telnetd
mount -t devpts devpts /dev/pts
in the SamyGO.sh file.. This will autostart telnet.. also SamyGO.sh.. note the uppercases, case sensitive.
And you must give this and the mount.sh file the right execute attributes so do
- Code: Select all
chmod +x SamyGO.sh mount.sh
after you've created it.
Ok well.. hope this works for you.. Maybe the steps look a little like babysteps
.. but my opinion is that with firmware flashing you'd rather have babysteps then being unsure of something and end up winging it
Let me know if it works..
You do have a slightly other TV model than I but as far as I know 653 and 650 are internally the same.. Plus both TV's are CI+ that's important.
Oh one more thing .. I myself was tired of waiting for a free slot on the site(developbytes step2), so started looking for other places to get this file... Eventually I ended up downloading it in a torrent from http://loraart.ru/bt/viewtopic.php?t=71
(its russian and you need to register with the forum first but with google translate in chrome thats a piece of cake
..) I think this file is exactly the same as on the site above.. But just for the record.. I can confirm the one from loraart.ru works.. the otherone from developbytes is probably the same but I didn't try it myself.
Am not really a veteran in Samygo or anything.. But did I bypass the authuld here or is my case just somewhat different here?? If not .. Then we should put this in the wiki pages right?