UE32B6000 not turning on, service menu

Here for general support for B series TVs, request and problem solve area.

makeshiftam

UE32B6000 not turning on, service menu

Post by makeshiftam »

hi,

I wanted to change the model number in the service menu to gain the extra capabilities that changing from B6000 to B7000 gives.

However, I think when changing it I pressed down instead of left/right meaning it when down the menu to 'Tuner'. Now, i didnt know which tuner it was on so I left it but when it came to turning the tv back on, it is now just stuck in a power on/power off loop :(

I just wish I never bothered now, stuck with no tv :x

Can anybody help at all?

Thanks in advance,

Adam
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: UE32B6000 not turning on, service menu

Post by juusso »

1. Have you installed the proper u-boot and kernel with network supporting?

2. Have you set rs232 to debug? Watchdog off?

3. Do you have an exlink cable? What is the output?
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
makeshiftam

Post by makeshiftam »

I am totally new to this forum, I have been reading about all the debugging. I am quite good at things like this, but this is something new to me.

So basically, no to all those questions... I have been reading about resetting the eeprom as it is only a setting changed not a bad firmware install, what do you know about that?

Thank you so much for replying,

adam
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

I don't know which chip Is eeprom on your tv, only experience we have is some C series models and some D series. If you had success by identifying it, then you could restore tv back to working state. Use info on wiki and forums...

The situation seems is not promissing for success.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
makeshiftam

Post by makeshiftam »

Is it possible for somebody to have a photo or something with values on it in case I manage to find it?

I fear I have just bricked it, I'll see how I get on with this eeprom reset if its the last resort.
sbav1
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sbav1 »

Tuner setting is stored in main EEPROM (256kbit, 32k x 8), look for 8pin chip marked with:

Code: Select all

ATMLH842
   2EB 1
It may be named differently (S24C256.., whatever part Samsung has on hand at the moment).

Will "EEPROM reset procedure" work for B-series mainboards (models with T-CH* firmware)? Probably not :(.
AFAIK this particular feature included in C/D-Series firmwares is not yet present in B-series. But I'm not 100% sure about that, it may be worth a try.
Apart from main EEPROM, there is one (or two) small MICOM EEPROM[s] on the mainboard (ATMLH850 02B 1, or perhaps S24CS02A). You can try your luck with that one too; hopefully it may trigger some kind of factory reset (but again - not likely).

If reset procedure fails: well, there are some other possible ways (for gaining access to serial console/disable watchdog/EEPROM contents restoring etc. - purely experimental, AFAIK never actually tested by anyone). In theory, you only have to change one byte value in main EEPROM ;). It practice that will be a lot of trouble (especially if you have no background in practical electronics). Mainboard replacement: much less trouble, 99% chance of success; they are relatively inexpensive..
makeshiftam

Post by makeshiftam »

thank you very much for that reply, I will try and get round to trying those eeproms when i have time; but like you said chances that will work are slim. I have found a couple of mainboards with exact model numbers, your post has convinced me to just go for that.

thanks a lot for both your inputs :D /thumbs up
makeshiftam

Post by makeshiftam »

Great news, the eeprom reset worked. Managed to find the wiring diagram for the chip, it took a couple of attempts but its now up and running! :P

I've put together a picture and diagram showing it.

sciur

Post by sciur »

Hi makeshiftam, can you tell me more detail about how perform eerpom reset on B6000 TV?
I did the same mistake like you.

Return to “[B] Support”