[Solved] The SamyGO.sh is not working

Here for general support for B series TVs, request and problem solve area.

harrygg
SamyGO Project Donor

[Solved] The SamyGO.sh is not working

Post by harrygg »

Hi Gurus,

I am a linux newbie so please appologize any mistakes.
I am having LE32B650 TV and Edimax Wifi dongle (rt2870), I patched the firmware (T-CHL7DEUC-2004.1) and enabled the Advanced startup script also I added SamyGO.sh to /mtd_rwarea folder as per the wiki.
The script however doesn't seem to do anything. When I restart the TV, telnet is not enaled, nor the patched rt2870sta.ko is insmoded. Manually I am able to do it and everything works fine, but when I restart the TV the changes are lost, so I want to automate it.
It seems that the IF condition in the SamyGO.sh is false, hence the original rt2870sta is not unloaded.

Code: Select all

if [ -f /mtd_rwarea/.wifi-rt2870 ];then
	rmmod rt2870sta # Unloading original rt2870sta
	sleep 5
	insmod /mtd_rwarea/drivers/rt2870sta.ko # Loading modified rt2870sta
  fi
I don't find a file /mtd_rwarea/.wifi-rt2870 . Have anyone seen this? Where else can I look for this file or should I change the IF statement to something else?

Best regards,
Hristo
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: The SamyGO.sh is not working

Post by juusso »

first: check script encoding, if you used notepad for its creation, then no way, it won`t work at all.
second: according your script drivers must be inside /mtd_rwarea/drivers/ and you have to place there by yourself. You can do this trough ftp or telnet...
trhird: to check does it work at all you can use content library games (also to fire up telnet/ftp).
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
harrygg
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by harrygg »

Man you are genious.
It was the encoding. I created the file with notepad++ under Windows 7. Now that I open it with vi I see strange symbols instead of new lines.
I recreated it under Linux and now everything works. The script is successfully executed upon startup. Telnet and wifi are enabled.
Thank you so much for helping me!!! Much appreciated.
Regards,
Hristo
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

;)
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
mjuti

Re: [Solved] The SamyGO.sh is not working

Post by mjuti »

harrygg wrote:Hi Gurus,

I am a linux newbie so please appologize any mistakes.
I am having LE32B650 TV and Edimax Wifi dongle (rt2870), I patched the firmware (T-CHL7DEUC-2004.1) and enabled the Advanced startup script also I added SamyGO.sh to /mtd_rwarea folder as per the wiki.
The script however doesn't seem to do anything. When I restart the TV, telnet is not enaled, nor the patched rt2870sta.ko is insmoded. Manually I am able to do it and everything works fine, but when I restart the TV the changes are lost, so I want to automate it.
It seems that the IF condition in the SamyGO.sh is false, hence the original rt2870sta is not unloaded.

Code: Select all

if [ -f /mtd_rwarea/.wifi-rt2870 ];then
	rmmod rt2870sta # Unloading original rt2870sta
	sleep 5
	insmod /mtd_rwarea/drivers/rt2870sta.ko # Loading modified rt2870sta
  fi
I don't find a file /mtd_rwarea/.wifi-rt2870 . Have anyone seen this? Where else can I look for this file or should I change the IF statement to something else?

Best regards,
Hristo

Hi guys, very similar problem here but with mount.sh!!!! I did everything according to wiki ( I am on le55b650 with patched 2005 firmware ) 1st step OK, telnet works after reboot too, but mounting does not at all.
Can some experts check the codes in http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/How_to ... tup_script enabling mounts NFS/CIFS/SMB section?
Thanks

Return to “[B] Support”