Internet@TV widget engine change

Here for general support for B series TVs, request and problem solve area.

mielcar

Re: Internet@TV widget engine change

Post by mielcar »

Wow! Thank's for replay and your time!
How and where did you install the YouTube widget?
Looks promissing to me!
regards
Mielcar
geo650
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by geo650 »

As I wrote earlier, I uploaded it into /mtd_down/widgets/manager/400009002/SamyGO/YouTube directory using FTP and edited /mtd_down/widgets/manager/400009002/index.html in text editor to call /mtd_down/widgets/manager/400009002/SamyGO/YouTube/index.html by a button. Widget files are simple HTML+JavaScript ones so no big knowledge is needed to edit them. Remember to make a binary mode backup of /mtd_down directory before testing.

Maybe only YouTube searchers are turned off? Maybe if one will call a video directly (by inserting destination link somewhere into widget's files) probably it will play that video. I don't know. But even if it will, the question "how long?" remains unanswered.
mielcar

Post by mielcar »

Thanks a lot geo650! You're doing a good job mate!
When I find some more free time to deal with my TV I'll try do put sammyGo on, and start to check some possibilities.
mad_ady
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mad_ady »

It looks like the widget uses youtube API v2, which has been discontinued since may 2015. Even if you manually load the widget, youtube will not answer to your queries. The only solution is to write a plugin using youtube v3 api, which might not be doable...
H6400, firmware 2602.2 downgraded to 2130
mielcar

Post by mielcar »

Gyus I don't know what;s going on. My internet@tv is not working propperly.
Yahoo widgets are running OK. When I try to get polish widgets back, I get the information, that there are some internet connection problems, and the only thing working is settings. When I try to get it back on the screen there is START, then CONNECTING and then comes the info about connection problems...
When I enter settings I can't do anything. Can't set user account. It gets me sick. I tried many times. Any ideas?
geo650

Post by geo650 »

Sometimes it is disabled, sometimes not. In my case I am often forced to call Internet@TV twice to get it working. Now (23:45) it works well.

@mad_ady: You might be right,... unfortunatelly. Of course one may create a downloader that will download MP4 file to be played by MediaPlay and it should work. I am definitely NOT going to do such thing.
mad_ady
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mad_ady »

@geo650: I am currently working on a youtube v3 plugin for a DLNA framework that we're using on the WDLXTV firmware (for WDTV media players). We also had a youtube v2 client that is now dead in the water. The framework works by running php code on the media player and presenting results as a DLNA Media Server, allowing playback via DLNA of youtube content. If/when I get a Samsung TV, if it can run php and apache, I can try to port over the code.

Here are some details:
http://wiki.wdlxtv.com/UMSP
geo650

Post by geo650 »

Finally, it hit me, too. I had some troubles with TV and was forced to re-flash firmware. After that I cannot run Internet@TV widgets for Poland (menu settings: country = Other). I receive a message "Service not available". Strange that even after uploading /mtd_down directory contents from backup made earlier it cannot be started as well. I wonder is that any method to force Internet@TV button to open local html page without internet connection?

@mad_ady: you mean to start YT widget from external STB via DLNA or to set-up such server inside TV?
mad_ady
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mad_ady »

@geo650: The first option is already available - if you are using a WDTV Media player with WDLXTV. It can expose plugins via DLNA and they can (possibly) be played on the TV. The second option could be possible by migrating the plugin engine and the plugins to run directly on the TV. It would need some work, but if you can run php + apache, it wouldn't be impossible. For now, news that auto updates have become impossible to turn off in H series makes me wonder if I should get a Samsung or a smart TV anymore - because I will only get one if I can tweak it afterwards...
geo650

Post by geo650 »

geo650 wrote:Finally, it hit me, too. I had some troubles with TV and was forced to re-flash firmware. After that I cannot run Internet@TV widgets for Poland (menu settings: country = Other). I receive a message "Service not available".
Widget manager could be brought back by selecting "CIS", "Czech" or "Slovakia" country. So now I have widget manager back and can view my own HTML pages again. :D Still there is no widget manager for "Other" country. :(
Interesting thing: when I selected "Great Britain" I could run YouTube widget for Yahoo! widgets. It is still working but there is only one movie, you know which one. :|

Return to “[B] Support”