Slovenian subtitle language on PS50B850

Here for general support for B series TVs, request and problem solve area.

baco81

Re: Slovenian subtitle language on PS50B850

Post by baco81 »

juuso wrote:Here is a hack to add audio language descriptors to firmware. But it is needed to edit firmware manually.
Russian how-to is here
OMG!!! It works!! You are amaaaaaaaazing guys!!! :D
T-CHL7DEUC-2005.0-v0.24-GMT2-ArFIX2-ADFIX-fwver-ENGFIX
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

From yor signature i know, you`re using latest patched firmware. AD button toggles DVB audio tracks also :)
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
baco81

Post by baco81 »

Yes, I am ;)

Thank you, juuso, Gao_atc and others for bringing us such amazing hacks.

I think you can change the subject of [Req] DVB audio language switch app? to Solved 8-)

Regards :mrgreen:
T-CHL7DEUC-2005.0-v0.24-GMT2-ArFIX2-ADFIX-fwver-ENGFIX
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Yes, partially solved. I would like to see this as ContentLibrary game, not as hardcoded firmware. But this is also good solution :)
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

paaro

Post by paaro »

Hi,

I finally found the time to test the method from the loraart.ru site, and it works perfectly. My preferred language for all three categories (subtitles, audio and ttx) is Gaelic, which now in fact points to Slovenian.

Thanks to everyone who helped me!
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

well, it took a while :-)

paaro

Post by paaro »

bah, i was renovating my house for 1 year. can you imagine my 50" plasma being stored and unused in the cellar for 1 year?!
Stewox

Post by Stewox »

Sorry for bringing up old thread, but this problem still persists on Samsung HDTVs, including the H series, my family has (which I setup) UE40H5550 with Slovenian menu so it supports this country, but it still doesn't support Slovenian subtitle entry (wtf :evil: ) and so here we go again with the "undefined hell" and while it works on the older UE40D6750 it doesn't work always with all programs on UE40H5550, some programs the selection is not saved, it throws back to "Preferred" and so it picks the primary language (primary fallback) which i have set to Croatian. (secondary fallback set to Serbian)

The ISP/Cable provider just doesn't have anything to do, the people I speak to really don't know much, they just say they pass the signal on, but they did make changes in 2011 i uncovered some old local threads that they make the "undefined" language to be first on the list so TVs are more likely to default to the first on the list, but it's still not perfect.

I just called them right now, they just claim how it works for them, but they wouldn't really want to do much to the signal, they say they just pass on the signal they get so they have no liability, they blame the TV manufacturer, which is fine, I guess Samsung really forgot about adding this subtitle entry to the firmware for so long.

Return to “[B] Support”