Slovenian subtitle language on PS50B850

Here for general support for B series TVs, request and problem solve area.

paaro

Slovenian subtitle language on PS50B850

Post by paaro »

Hello guys,

I have a PS50B850 plasma, European edition, bought in Austria. I'm from Slovenia, but the telly doesn't have Slovenian language to choose for primary subtitle language. It has all kinds of other languages (Croatian, Russian, Bulgarian, English, etc.), but no Slovenian. When I watch a digital channel, which has Slovenian subtitles (amongst other languages), it says "Undefined". So every time I choose a channel with Slovenian subtitles, I have to manually search for the Slovenian subtitles, because I cannot set it as the default subtitle language. Does anyone have an idea how to crack the firmware to somehow add the Slovenian language to the list of available subtitle languages, or maybe to replace one of the existing languages with Slovenian?

Any help would be appreciated! Thx.
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Re: Slovenian subtitle language on PS50B850

Post by erdem_ua »

I think it's not an easy hack. You needed to itch firmware with ida and GDB...
paaro

Post by paaro »

Thx for the answer. Do you think exeDSP would have to be hacked? If only one could replace one of the existing languages with the Slovenian... Do you know which standard language codes are used with subtitles streams? It's really almighty annoying to be unable to choose the Slovenian language as the default.
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

I don't know much about subtitles. I think you needed to examine appdata.img file for subtitles too. Some people added persian subtitles to their devices with little work since it's not supported... You can found related topics on forum. But I don't know about "subtitle" and it's codes. Sorry.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Here is a hack to add audio language descriptors to firmware. But it is needed to edit firmware manually.
Probably the feature could be added using samygo patcher, but not inplemented nor discussed yet.
Russian how-to is here. As example there were lithuanian descriptors added to be used as pre-defined audio language. I believe, same procedure could be used for subtitles also.
Use google translator. If topic becomes popular, i`ll translate and write some English wiki article.

@Erdem, what about patcher?
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
paaro

Post by paaro »

juuso, great! Managed to register on the russian site and read the text through google translate. Seems like this is what I need.

To reiterate: @Erdem, what about patcher? :)
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

Give me the algorithm. Than I could look if I can patched or not :-)
I think I will find time for this at beginning of next year
baco81

Post by baco81 »

juuso wrote: Use google translator. If topic becomes popular, i`ll translate and write some English wiki article.
Hi juuso 28, I am very interested in the same topic. I would like to have some audio descriptors recognized by the TV. I have registered in the forum that you mentioned before, but still I need some parts of the text translated as Google Translate couldn't do it. For example:
"? ?????????? ? ?? ? ????????? T-CHL7DEUC ??? T-CHU7DEUC ????????? exe.img - ??????? bml.restore , ????? telnet (??? ????? ??????? ex-links);"

Could you help me, please?

A wiki article would also be welcome :)
T-CHL7DEUC-2005.0-v0.24-GMT2-ArFIX2-ADFIX-fwver-ENGFIX
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

write patched exe.img to TV using telnet...
use bml.restore ... :)

wiki page somehow later... :oops:
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE

Return to “[B] Support”