restore skype app to samsung tv

General Forum for talking area for E series TVs.

mabz

restore skype app to samsung tv

Post by mabz »

Hello everyone

i'm new here so i can't really say i know anything. I came accross the site while i was searching for a way to return skype to my TV somehow. So basically thats why i'm posting. I'd like to know if samygo can side load the skype app back to the TV, also if it is possible to side load the skype app will i still be able to use sammygo if i install the upgrade module to use the much better cpu. I tried to do a search but i didn't find anything about side loading the skype app. skype was used on my TV frequently, I still don't understand why it needed to go it's not like it was being updated anyway and I would have been fine keeping the current version.

i'd love some information on this

Thank You
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Re: restore skype app to samsung tv

Post by zoelechat »

Here you go (no need for SamyGO/root): https://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f ... 140#p91615
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
mabz

Post by mabz »

oh wow just what i wanted thank you so much, why didn't that pop up when i searched for it inthe e series section.

anyway if i got the updrage module for the ue40es8000 will i still have skype and still be able to use samygo?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

mabz wrote:anyway if i got the updrage module for the ue40es8000 will i still have skype and still be able to use samygo?
You mean evokit? SamyGO: definitely no support, Skype: no idea, but possible it would need a (afaik non-existing yet, maybe never :) ) specific version of installation widget...
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
mabz

Post by mabz »

I see then i guess i'll avoid the evo kits

thank you very much for your help

Return to “[E] General”