Usb hard drive suddenly keeps skiping to next files(mkv)

General Forum for talking area for E series TVs.

Foxfire71

Usb hard drive suddenly keeps skiping to next files(mkv)

Post by Foxfire71 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:44 am

I have a older samsung tv (ue32es6100, not rooted) and for years i am using the same usb hard drives (toshiba 1 &2 TB). I am having 3 of those drives with movies/series on it (all mkv format). And everything played well on all 3 drives for years.

Now suddenly when i want to watch something on my samsung tv after a second of 15-30 he skips stops the file and go load the next file and start playing this one. After 15-30 second it happend again and it plays the next one. Sometimes the disk (and tv) freezes and i have to unplug the samsung tv. Even movies or series that i already watch with no problem in the past but still are on these 3 usb disks now all have this skip problem!

All three disk still work on my samsung tv in the living room (newer model) and they work on my computer as well on my usb port of my blu-ray player so normaly the disks should not be the problem.

It also can not be the firmware i guess because since it is an old model the latest update was from more than one year ago. I am a bit stucked what to do next and how to solve it. Normally i would say it has to do with updates, but with an old tv there is not much happening for updates. The disks seem to work perfect on other devices.

Anybody an idea where to search now?

Foxfire71

Re: Usb hard drive suddenly keeps skiping to next files(mkv)

Post by Foxfire71 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:40 am

The problem doesn't seem to occure anymore after i had contact with samsung (online) technicus. I had done all the things he would have done himeself except puting smart hub in another language.

Only thing he did what i didn't do myself is reset the smart to a south korean version and let all the local smart hub apps install. After we did reset everything again and put it back to dutch and let the smart hub update again. After this south korean smart hub reset my problem seems to be solved!
I already did reset the smarthub myself but only a technicus can set it to another country while he was remote conected to my tv.

Anyway i am happy

zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Usb hard drive suddenly keeps skiping to next files(mkv)

Post by zoelechat » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:00 am

Thanks for reporting back, and sorry for no reply :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.

Return to “[E] General”