Usb hard drive suddenly keeps skiping to next files(mkv)

General Forum for talking area for E series TVs.

Foxfire71

Usb hard drive suddenly keeps skiping to next files(mkv)

Post by Foxfire71 »

I have a older samsung tv (ue32es6100, not rooted) and for years i am using the same usb hard drives (toshiba 1 &2 TB). I am having 3 of those drives with movies/series on it (all mkv format). And everything played well on all 3 drives for years.

Now suddenly when i want to watch something on my samsung tv after a second of 15-30 he skips stops the file and go load the next file and start playing this one. After 15-30 second it happend again and it plays the next one. Sometimes the disk (and tv) freezes and i have to unplug the samsung tv. Even movies or series that i already watch with no problem in the past but still are on these 3 usb disks now all have this skip problem!

All three disk still work on my samsung tv in the living room (newer model) and they work on my computer as well on my usb port of my blu-ray player so normaly the disks should not be the problem.

It also can not be the firmware i guess because since it is an old model the latest update was from more than one year ago. I am a bit stucked what to do next and how to solve it. Normally i would say it has to do with updates, but with an old tv there is not much happening for updates. The disks seem to work perfect on other devices.

Anybody an idea where to search now?
Foxfire71

Re: Usb hard drive suddenly keeps skiping to next files(mkv)

Post by Foxfire71 »

The problem doesn't seem to occure anymore after i had contact with samsung (online) technicus. I had done all the things he would have done himeself except puting smart hub in another language.

Only thing he did what i didn't do myself is reset the smart to a south korean version and let all the local smart hub apps install. After we did reset everything again and put it back to dutch and let the smart hub update again. After this south korean smart hub reset my problem seems to be solved!
I already did reset the smarthub myself but only a technicus can set it to another country while he was remote conected to my tv.

Anyway i am happy
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Thanks for reporting back, and sorry for no reply :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
edytibi
SamyGO Project Donor

USB HDD issue - TV restart after 1 minute of playback

Post by edytibi »

Hello! I have a similar problem with my two 1TB USB HDD, one for the PVR, one with movies from my camcorder.For about 1 year everything was fine.Then I decided to use PVRanyDev, noDRM and ZoelPVR extensions, and after that I noticed that despite the recording was proceeding fine, when I tried to play back any of the recordings the movie started but the TV became non-responsive with a "loading" message in the upper right corner of the screen and after about 1 minute of playback the TV restarted.At the second attempt (after the restart) to play the same recording everything was fine.I removed the USB flash containing SamyGO and formatted again the PVR HDD.The new recordings have the same behaviour.And the HDD with the camcorder movies now has the same issue.At the first play the TV become non-responsive and after about a minute it restarts.
Those two HDD work fine on my PC (Win 7 x64), I can play just fine the recordings (for the PVR extracted with UFSexplorer and decrypted).SamyGO I suppose has nothing to do with the issue as it was disabled.The TV is UE32F6400 firmware 1113 and it hasn't seen an internet connection in the last 2 years because everytime I gave it access to the internet my SamyGO disappeared.
I'll try the method described by Foxfire 71 and any suggestion will be appreciated.Thanks in advance.
Edit: After a second reading it seems that I cannot myself change the region to South Koreea.In the service menu I disabled OTN so I suppose that neither the Samsung technicus will be able to.If I will enable OTN support the firmware will update and "good-bye" root.
Any ideas?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

factory reset and re-root?
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
edytibi
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by edytibi »

Thank you for the tip, it seems that the recodings are working fine after factory reset, I'll keep testing.A side effect is that I have no more apps in the Smart Hub except for the Internet Browser, and Samsung App Store is crashing the TV (black screen and restart).I didn't try to root the TV yet.
Edit: After 2 hours of failed attempts to install SamyGO I found out that root was not removed with the factory reset.I could not fix the Smart Hub, still only Internet Browser is there but the main issue was fixed, no more restart on playback on each HDD.The apps disappeared at the first reset of the Smart Hub when I changed the country to South Coreea and didn't recover when I switched back to my country.

Return to “[E] General”