TV occasionally draws much power in standby?

General Forum for talking area for E series TVs.

joq3

TV occasionally draws much power in standby?

Post by joq3 »

Hi,

I have a Samsung UE55ES7005 which I have connected via a power strip, a master/slave version where I have the Samsung TV plugged in as a master. This automatically starts the receiver and other acessories when it detects power draw. I have it setup so that it will have to draw much power to react.
Problem is that sometimes I notice that the receiver will start up (because the TV starts drawing more power), this lasts for maybe 30 seconds, and the TV isn't visibly on, screen is off.
At first I thought it was some kind of network check, so I disabled Wifi and unplugged ethernet. Still happens from time to time.

Is there any setting in the TV I can disable? Is there anything in the service menu which can affect this when the TV is in standby?

Thank you!
notengo13
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: TV occasionally draws much power in standby?

Post by notengo13 »

Maybe TV check for online updates.
UE48H6640 T-MST14DEUC 2781.0 root latestH --> 2130.0 skypeRoot-->0000-->2115.3 "Skype refueled" Root
QE55QN93A - - >firmware T-NKM2DEUC-1805.4 (backup 1590.0) - - >update CURL60 Error --> CURL28 Error
joq3

Re: TV occasionally draws much power in standby?

Post by joq3 »

notengo13 wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:33 pm Maybe TV check for online updates.
I have no ethernet cable connected, and Wifi is turned off. So that should not be it?
I found a way to get into the service menu of the TV, is there any setting here I can try turning off?

Return to “[E] General”