- Official SamyGO Developer
- Posts: 1700
- Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:52 am
- Location: Austria/Vienna (no Kangaroos here)
just brougt samsung UE40ES8000 tv
i'm VERY neewbe on smart tv/internet tv etc...
but i've some skill on pc use/modding... many competence on android (i've a galaxy nexus) modding/hacking/customizing etc....
i WANT the best from my brand new tv... (first thing in my mind: ROOT XD)
i hope can find some help here on samyGo (and, under our guide, i can provide all info about my tv, make some tests )
see you soon
p.s. sorry for my bad english
p.s.2. if someone need... can find me on xda-dev as 'sweetpiggy' XD
I'm just also bought new ES-line TV - UE46ES7000 !
I'm new in this forum, but I hope I can help with something, because I'm working in IT and I have many experience with some devices like PC, TV, Mobil and also some programing in Asm/C/C++.
So can someone write me how can I help you?
Cheers from Czech Republic!
Galaxy S II - Android 2.3.5 - AllShare: 2.0.0 Samsung Remote: 2.2.5 Samsung Smart View: 3.1.6
I bought last week a new UE55ES8090. What do I love the picture! SmartHub is great, but what do I hate AllShare. And I have a problem with CI+ this because it's a German version and want it to change to Benelux. Did tried the TVCommunicator, of course it didn't work.
Can't wait when there's a way to root access it.
Bye from NL.
I recently bought a UA40ES6600 TV. It is my first LCD panel TV (I have held out for a decade on buying a new TV) and it's great! I like the integration it has to my home network, DLNA works pretty well but I still find it is not as versatile and stable as good old Samba.
Hopefully in the future the community here can help me to get more from my TV then when I purchased it.
My wish list for what my TV could do would be:
1. Media player front end similar to XBMC (something that accesses Samba shares on network)
2. Ability to save/record streamed content, ideally with a schedule system. Ability to notify me when something isrecorded and ready for viewing.
3. Ability to notify my other devices when a program is coming on. Don't know why this wouldn't be included in the stock smart TV system actually?
4. Play android games nah gammon! I'll wait for the Ouya to do that
Since the E series is the latest, is there anything I can do to contribute to anything needed toward getting this series hacked?