Torrent client

General Forum for talking area for E series TVs.

Ziggurat

Torrent client

Post by Ziggurat »

Is there a torrent client for the ES8000 TV?
A command line program that could either be controlled by SSH or a webgui?
Is it possible to have the tv panel off and the computer that runs the SmartTV OS so that the torrent client would be running while I am at work.

I guess no to all of these, but couldn't hurt to ask.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Torrent client

Post by juusso »

I think this is just question of time, when Transmission become available on E series.
As officially the E series hack is not released(yet), here isn`t any(yet).
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
Ziggurat

Post by Ziggurat »

Is it possible to run home made code at all?
I would not need a GUI at all personally, im fully content with commandline :)

I herd rumors of android comming as an update to the e series, with the launcher looking exactly like the smart tv menu does now.
I cant seam to find any more info on it, cause when I search, I just find info on the android app to control it.

And is there any twitter feed I should follow, or a website I should follow to be up to date on when the e series hack comes out or progress?
M11
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by M11 »

Ziggurat wrote:Is it possible to run home made code at all?
I would not need a GUI at all personally, im fully content with commandline :)

I herd rumors of android comming as an update to the e series, with the launcher looking exactly like the smart tv menu does now.
I cant seam to find any more info on it, cause when I search, I just find info on the android app to control it.

And is there any twitter feed I should follow, or a website I should follow to be up to date on when the e series hack comes out or progress?
Where did you hear that? Samsung introduced a TV with Google TV (it didnt have full Google tv UI, it looked like it just had android framework to run android apps) at IFA, but I highly doupt this functionality will be made available for other 2012 TVs.
I'm ready to pay for this, so I hope they will release Evolution Kit with Google TV functionality next year, but I don't think this is going to happen either. Unfortunately it seems only one (mid class) TV will have Google TV and it will be released by end of 2012.

Video > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sIZRq6cmBo
F9000 + SEK-3500U
Ziggurat

Post by Ziggurat »

Oh I misunderstood. I may have bought a TV at the wrong time then, I just bought my TV a month ago.
I want the evolution kit with Android as well :(

Return to “[E] General”