PVR on EH5000

General Forum for talking area for E series TVs.

issamisl

PVR on EH5000

Post by issamisl »

I have a UE40EH5000W LED TV, I entred service menu (advanced) and activated network and allshare. I patched an intellinet wifi dongle based on the Ralink 3070 chipset and modified the PID/VID to be recognized by samsung TV's. Now the network menu is active, the wifi dongle is recognized, the network is connected and allshare is working great...I want now to activate PVR on this TV, so I entred extended service menu and I activated PVR to on and num of PVR stream to 1 but when I press the record button nothing happen. so please:

1/Do you have any idea on how to activate PVR on this model?
2/What else can I activate on this model
3/do you have any idea if the flash of this TV can accept the EH5300 firmware (when changed to that model in the service menu)

The EH5000w firmware is T-MST9DEUC (about 37 Mo), and the EH5300w firmware is T-MST10PDEUC (about 147 Mo)

Thank you very much.
Last edited by issamisl on Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: PVR on EH5000

Post by juusso »

you can record DTV chanels only.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
issamisl

Post by issamisl »

Yes, I tried that but didn't work

thank you for your quick response
acidjazz69

Post by acidjazz69 »

how did you do recognize the dongle WIFI? Can you describe the operational steps? As you've enabled the PVR functionality hidden?
issamisl

Post by issamisl »

thanar

Post by thanar »

Hello,

I have a Samsung UE40EH5000W and been quite happy with it, however was wondering why this TV does not support DTV-T recording to USB. Thought I'd google for it, and the unknown world of SamyGO came wide open in front of me.

I have basic knowledge on the area of hacking, so I dove into the wiki, just to find that it's probably a bit outdated, since I can't seem to decide the series of my TV.

Could you provide any help on my basic endeavor, that is if it is possible to enable PVR, and point me to some other more up-to-date article to enchance my knowledge on these series models?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Hi here and yes, you`re right, wiki is almost outdated, we know it needs to be filled up with recent info. For your information: EH5000 is low budget TV and does not have any possibility to do PVR to USB not to any sources at all. The problem is that firmware has no required functions to switch on in service menu, like we did that on other series. To give you some hope, i just say, sometimes Samsung releases low-end models which are just artificially lowered to pretend low-end models :). In reality they are higher models with some restrictions in service menu. I do not remember if here was EH5000 series between those models, but you might try to do your own research. Opening back cover of tv and checking mainboard number could be a good start for this.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
thanar

Post by thanar »

Seems like OP has the same model and managed quite a few hacks, hence my posting here...

Return to “[E] General”