UE37Es6300 get Full HD HDMI output over 60hz

General Forum for talking area for E series TVs.
Post Reply

valerio65
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:27 pm

UE37Es6300 get Full HD HDMI output over 60hz

Post by valerio65 » Tue May 27, 2014 10:25 pm

Hi! I have an UE37ES6300 Smart Tv connected over hdmi to my PC with Radeon HD 7950. I wanna set my output over 60hz, like 120 or 200hz (the tv is 200hz). It's possible to force that? Here:

http://www.blurbusters.com/overclock/120hz-pc-to-tv/

I've tried the 1st and the 3rd method, but they don't work... please help me, I wanna exploit the 200hz

valerio65
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:27 pm

Re: UE37Es6300 get Full HD HDMI output over 60hz

Post by valerio65 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:43 pm

Nothing? Please help me :(

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer
Posts: 5765
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 5:10 pm

Re: UE37Es6300 get Full HD HDMI output over 60hz

Post by sectroyer » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:58 pm

valerio65 wrote:Nothing? Please help me :(
From your article:
Some HDTVs have an undocumented ability to accept 120Hz from a PC
"Some" means "some" not all :) AFAIK no one reported making it work on Samsung TVs :) You may figure out it yourself if you want :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on http://ctrlv.it/ Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!

zoelechat
Official SamyGO Developer
Posts: 8374
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:32 pm
Location: France

Re: UE37Es6300 get Full HD HDMI output over 60hz

Post by zoelechat » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:18 pm

valerio65 wrote:(the tv is 200hz)
CMR200 doesn't mean that panel is 200Hz, it means "artificial frame creation to look like if TV was 200Hz but in fact just ugly instead" :)
The best refresh rate I obtained is 1280x1024@70Hz, anything over is "out of range" or "not supported". Anyway you can't get Full HD 120Hz over HDMI (1.x) due to bandwidth limitation.
The real panel rate is probably around 100Hz but only reachable if TV decides it in certain cases (=3D).
There are some Samsung users comments in the article you linked already reporting they got no result...
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.

valerio65
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:27 pm

Re: UE37Es6300 get Full HD HDMI output over 60hz

Post by valerio65 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:40 am

sectroyer wrote:
valerio65 wrote:Nothing? Please help me :(
From your article:
Some HDTVs have an undocumented ability to accept 120Hz from a PC
"Some" means "some" not all :) AFAIK no one reported making it work on Samsung TVs :) You may figure out it yourself if you want :)
zoelechat wrote:
valerio65 wrote:(the tv is 200hz)
CMR200 doesn't mean that panel is 200Hz, it means "artificial frame creation to look like if TV was 200Hz but in fact just ugly instead" :)
The best refresh rate I obtained is 1280x1024@70Hz, anything over is "out of range" or "not supported". Anyway you can't get Full HD 120Hz over HDMI (1.x) due to bandwidth limitation.
The real panel rate is probably around 100Hz but only reachable if TV decides it in certain cases (=3D).
There are some Samsung users comments in the article you linked already reporting they got no result...
So isn't there any method (also hardware) to get a 120 hz 1080p? Only 60 hz 1080p maximum?

jerrymh
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:09 pm

Re: UE37Es6300 get Full HD HDMI output over 60hz

Post by jerrymh » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:28 am

HDMI is limited to 60Hz specs, if your tv has another source input like a dsplayport you can go to higer Hz

zoelechat
Official SamyGO Developer
Posts: 8374
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:32 pm
Location: France

Re: UE37Es6300 get Full HD HDMI output over 60hz

Post by zoelechat » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:23 am

jerrymh wrote:HDMI is limited to 60Hz specs, if your tv has another source input like a dsplayport you can go to higer Hz
HDMI is not limited in refresh rate, but only in bandwidth. In practice you can get about 1080p@72Hz, or even 720p/1080i@120hz according to HDMI 1.x specs (e.g. 720p@120Hz is done through nVidia 3D TV Play, however TV indicates 60Hz@3D)
The problem is only that it's not possible on all tested Samsung TVs and most other brands/models that doesn't allow to go over 60Hz@2D...
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.

Post Reply

Return to “[E] General”