Installing firmware from other regions?

General Forum for talking area for E series TVs.

umar322

Installing firmware from other regions?

Post by umar322 »

Hello, I have a PN43E450 plasma TV and I was wondering if it is possible to load the upgrade firmware for the PS43E450 on my TV. The reason I want to do this is because I was reading another post (viewtopic.php?f=48&t=5815) in which forum user loyd managed to enable network options using the extended service menu. However, I could not find the the "network support" options in the service menu as loyd mentioned:
loyd wrote:So here is what i did.
Built the remote like noted in the wiki.

changed in sub_options:

LNA Support = 1
Network Support Ext Wifi
i changed to ext_wifi_only but stick did not get found.
PVR Support = on
does not seem to work
OTA = off
??? software update over the air ??? please smbdy explain ;)

in Config Options i changed

AllShare Support = on

By the way: My firmwareversion is v1021

then I got a TP-Link for ?10 and followed this tutorial viewtopic.php?f=51&t=5537

I can use a Remotecontrol App with my Samsung Galaxy S2. Also AllShare and WifiDirect work.
I have looked everywhere in the service menu (even the Advanced section), but could not find these options. Reading further in loyd's post, I read that he was running a different firmware version. So, coming back to my question...Is it possible to install the european firmware (available at http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/PS43E450A1WXXU) on my north american TV. I wanted to get some input from the forum users about this topic as I don't want to ignorantly brick my TV.

Thanks in advance and let me know if you have any questions!

Return to “[E] General”