Keep Root after unplugging USB

General Forum for talking area for E series TVs.

zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Keep Root after unplugging USB

Post by zoelechat »

Skype root is just much more comfortable and efficient, better give me a valid reason for NOT to downgrade :D
The rest is out of my understanding...
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

mehmethan wrote: Another idea is, you could create the app as widget on a develop server, so we have the app permanent (synced from server) without needing a USB.
Well do what you want :) Nobody is stopping you. "Root without usb" is for people that want it :)
zoelechat wrote:Skype root is just much more comfortable and efficient, better give me a valid reason for NOT to downgrade :D
The rest is out of my understanding...
If he downgrade he will NOT have latest/super/hyper version that causes problems :P
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
mehmethan
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mehmethan »

@sectroyer
- new PIP Features
- several bugfixes, i actually experienced one bug
- youtube api update?
- Samsung Link
- hell, it's a little faster, 0.5ms

Still awaiting for technical explanation for the Non-Possibility!
Seriously, if i don't get a curious explanation, i may think you don't know either or you didn't try, that would actually be weak :P (No offense tho)
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

mehmethan wrote:- new PIP Features
Talking of my patch which works on ALL fw, or is there something else new?
mehmethan wrote:- several bugfixes, i actually experienced one bug
One ?? Never seen any on 1042
mehmethan wrote:- youtube api update?
Works on 1042
mehmethan wrote:- Samsung Link
There on 1042
mehmethan wrote:- hell, it's a little faster, 0.5ms
Skype root starts at least 20 seconds quicker if you want to compare :)
mehmethan wrote:Still awaiting for technical explanation for the Non-Possibility!
Technically, why would it be needed to do a new "root-without-usb" now you have the choice to use an already existing one? More: to simply try then revert if you're unhappy? :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

mehmethan wrote: Still awaiting for technical explanation for the Non-Possibility!
Seriously, if i don't get a curious explanation, i may think you don't know either or you didn't try, that would actually be weak :P (No offense tho)
If I would prepare "root-without-usb" people would use it!!! How do you expect make sure that people would not use it!!!???!!! Now people who don't know don't use it :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
mehmethan
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mehmethan »

Why shouldn't they use it?
At least we could have an option, with which we can decide to have root on usb or install permanently, or atleast have samyGo working with root rights in the background so the files are still in the internal flash and the sideloaded scripts/libs or even ftp is working.

You were controversy yourself, because you said its working with old skype bug, but the new one doesn't, for any unknown reason.
Why did you change the behaviour anyway?

Without root i can't start OScam for example, and without USB i can't have root. The intention of the USB is to activate root and install stuff. The enduser wouldn't expect to keep the stick plugged in. The dependency isn't necessary if we could set it in software. It is like you worry about the danger of root rights on peoples TVs. Didn't say that. But it could be solved by installing a samyGo widget which is permanently there internally, where we can enable/disable root rights on Demand. (unless root is necessary for samyGo itself). It would be even cool when we could create a samyGo user, who has the possibility for several interactions, like telnet.

Still no real explanation. I guess there is no (technical issue). Im still not sure if you can't do it, or think it is not necessary.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

mehmethan wrote:Why shouldn't they use it?
EXACTLY!!! How are you going to guarantee me that they will NOT use it ? I don't believe in such scenario :)
mehmethan wrote: You were controversy yourself, because you said its working with old skype bug, but the new one doesn't, for any unknown reason.
I didn't change ANYTHING!!!! I had nothing to do with "old Skype bug" but ALL rooting techniques I worked on/help with DO require usb plugged in. Some even require TWO usb plugged in :)
mehmethan wrote: Without root i can't start OScam for example, and without USB i can't have root. The intention of the USB is to activate root and install stuff. The enduser wouldn't expect to keep the stick plugged in.
EXACTLY!!! Without usb plugged in NOTHING WORKS!!! :D
mehmethan wrote: The dependency isn't necessary if we could set it in software.
Of course it IS NECESSARY. Just look what you have posted below:
mehmethan wrote: It is like you worry about the danger of root rights on peoples TVs. Didn't say that. But it could be solved by installing a samyGo widget which is permanently there internally, where we can enable/disable root rights on Demand. (unless root is necessary for samyGo itself). It would be even cool when we could create a samyGo user, who has the possibility for several interactions, like telnet.
You see how much stuff you came up with. And all because you wanted "root-without-usb". Believe me people invent more insane ideas :D
mehmethan wrote:Still no real explanation. I guess there is no (technical issue). Im still not sure if you can't do it, or think it is not necessary.
There is ONLY ONE "technical issue" I think you don't know how to do it besides that you are allowed to use "root-without-usb" it's NOT supported but it IS ALLOWED!!! :)
mehmethan
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mehmethan »

sectroyer wrote:
mehmethan wrote:Why shouldn't they use it?
EXACTLY!!! How are you going to guarantee me that they will NOT use it ? I don't believe in such scenario :)
So? Some people might use it and some not. Just like some applications. They root because they want to use it, don't get your point here, seriously.
sectroyer wrote:
mehmethan wrote: You were controversy yourself, because you said its working with old skype bug, but the new one doesn't, for any unknown reason.
I didn't change ANYTHING!!!! I had nothing to do with "old Skype bug" but ALL rooting techniques I worked on/help with DO require usb plugged in. Some even require TWO usb plugged in :)
Im interested in the "requiring" thing. Couple years already over and the simple answer is that new firmware blocks it for "some" (still unknown) reason. No one reversed FW or looked for basics like new "file permissions" on skype files/folders?
sectroyer wrote:
mehmethan wrote: Without root i can't start OScam for example, and without USB i can't have root. The intention of the USB is to activate root and install stuff. The enduser wouldn't expect to keep the stick plugged in.
EXACTLY!!! Without usb plugged in NOTHING WORKS!!! :D
And in old FW it works, we got it. One Dependency less is better! Im poor, can't afford another USB Stick nor Ducktape. :o
sectroyer wrote:
mehmethan wrote: The dependency isn't necessary if we could set it in software.
Of course it IS NECESSARY. Just look what you have posted below:
mehmethan wrote: It is like you worry about the danger of root rights on peoples TVs. Didn't say that. But it could be solved by installing a samyGo widget which is permanently there internally, where we can enable/disable root rights on Demand. (unless root is necessary for samyGo itself). It would be even cool when we could create a samyGo user, who has the possibility for several interactions, like telnet.
You see how much stuff you came up with. And all because you wanted "root-without-usb". Believe me people invent more insane ideas :D
Nothing you need to worry about, just like i tried to imply.
sectroyer wrote:
mehmethan wrote:Still no real explanation. I guess there is no (technical issue). Im still not sure if you can't do it, or think it is not necessary.
There is ONLY ONE "technical issue" I think you don't know how to do it besides that you are allowed to use "root-without-usb" it's NOT supported but it IS ALLOWED!!! :)
What is it? I looked at your chopped down script. It looks like you already tried a/the Skype solution. Who knows. Skype isn't the only possible app.
I already looked for the explanation in the Samy-Go-Installation Thread, but everything is still a little distanced there.
And yes, i don't know sh*t. I also don't have everything set up ... yet.
Just trying to give some feedback and improvement-suggestions.
Please don't get me wrong, just trying to understand how things work and learn from you. ;)
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

mehmethan wrote:Im interested in the "requiring" thing. Couple years already over and the simple answer is that new firmware blocks it for "some" (still unknown) reason. No one reversed FW or looked for basics like new "file permissions" on skype files/folders?
I don't get what's your problem here ? :)
mehmethan wrote: One Dependency less is better! Im poor, can't afford another USB Stick nor Ducktape.
You can't afford an usb stick or even duck tape and you CAN afford a brick? LOL :D :shock:
mehmethan wrote: I already looked for the explanation in the Samy-Go-Installation Thread, but everything is still a little distanced there.
EXACTLY. It should NOT say ANYTHING about using root without usb :) Unless you say it doesn't explain clear enough that root without usb is NOT SUPPORTED?
mehmethan wrote: Just trying to give some feedback and improvement-suggestions.
Yeah you gave it about 20 times and I replied "not supported but allowed" :P
mehmethan
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mehmethan »

And i asked why it is not supported man. I guess "Support" means "technically" not supported, but thats not even clear enough. And what the hell means "allowed"? U2Cryptic dude.
I told you i wouldn't be able to do it. But if you mean " it is allowed to find out by yourself" then it wouldn't make sense as the problem would already have been solved if its possible. And when it's not possible then there must be a damn reason. And for real, if you don't know the reason just tell it!
;)

Maybe i could change the paths and usb dependencies by copying the files into the internal flash? I want you to answer a little more professional like "it's not that simple, you have to consider this and that" or "it's not possible, because of ..."
Seriously, we have Root access -> we can even brick our TV which isn't your problem to be worried of.

But it looks like it won't lead to a solution here, so i give up. :D

Return to “[E] General”