Keep Root after unplugging USB

General Forum for talking area for E series TVs.

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Keep Root after unplugging USB

Post by sectroyer »

mehmethan wrote:And i asked why it is not supported man. I guess "Support" means "technically" not supported, but thats not even clear enough. And what the hell means "allowed"? U2Cryptic dude.
Check E/F forums readings post from users "my tv bricked", "crashes on load", "Please help", etc. :) No such posts on H forum or new E/F hack :) Guess why :P
mehmethan wrote: Maybe i could change the paths and usb dependencies by copying the files into the internal flash? I want you to answer a little more professional like "it's not that simple, you have to consider this and that" or "it's not possible, because of ..."
Seriously, we have Root access -> we can even brick our TV which isn't your problem to be worried of.

But it looks like it won't lead to a solution here, so i give up. :D
It's clear for EVERYBODY who knows how to do it. Simply one "switch" ;) For you too big brick risk :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
mehmethan
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mehmethan »

So you tell me there is no risk to brick TV when we use the USB Root Rights? So root is an illusion?
Tell me more.

If root isn't root. What the hell is leaf then?
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

mehmethan wrote:So you tell me there is no risk to brick TV when we use the USB Root Rights?
I believe in you. I think YOU CAN brick your tv even with USB plugged in :)
mehmethan wrote: So root is an illusion?
That is the question...
mehmethan wrote: Tell me more.
mehmethan wrote:If root isn't root. What the hell is leaf then?
Yeah what is it? :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
mehmethan
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mehmethan »

I already gave up because you are joking all the time. Don't get your points seriously. Be more precise. I can't see if you are sarcastic on some points.

And other "contributors" are also not taking this seriously. Really got prankd here.

@sectroye's public conclusion:
You can NOT brick if your root method is via USB, even if you are loggen in as root and type "rm -R /"
If you unplug your USB your files will all be back. Magic illusion, that's what it is.
I didn't say that. Look above. You said that.
Thanks for helping ;)
bugficks

Post by bugficks »

only morons think 'rm -r /' on a read-only fs has any effect
mehmethan
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mehmethan »

Thanks for the nice words.

So copying files into the flash were also never possible. Shit i must have been dreaming the whole time.

PS.: Guess who's back.
sectroyer

Keep Root after unplugging USB

Post by sectroyer »

mehmethan wrote:Thanks for the nice words.

So copying files into the flash were also never possible. Shit i must have been dreaming the whole time.

PS.: Guess who's back.
First of all don't insult people who are smarter than you by implying they are wrong/incorrect because by doing so you are ONLY showing your lack of knowledge and respect :P and for your information on there is partitions then only '/' :P

Second I will tell you a secret. EVEN when you unplug usb you DO HAVE ROOT :P You just don't know how to use it ;) Besides cut the crap you are NOT interested why "root-without-usb" is NOT advised/supported. You are ONLY interested on how to make "root-without-usb" work :P
:lol: :D
mehmethan
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mehmethan »

Knowledge doesn't mean smartness.

Buckficks is a rude person and i hope you aren't going to turn someone rude.

If it is not supported there must be a reason. I can respect that. But we have two pages and you couldnt even answer. So please. Leave this thread if you arent interested to share this knowledge. Just say you don't wan to tell it's a secret or something. Im at least interrested into that.
Your posts were kind of weak.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

mehmethan wrote: If it is not supported there must be a reason. I can respect that. But we have two pages and you couldnt even answer. So please. Leave this thread if you arent interested to share this knowledge. Just say you don't wan to tell it's a secret or something. Im at least interrested into that.
Your posts were kind of weak.
Lol you still aren't getting it :P ? I can't believe. I ma not sure whether you are joking or not :D
Let's try one last time:
It's NOT supported because I decided NOT to support it and deal with users who have problems which do NOT occur with usb plugged in. Simply because you can EASILY unplug usb :) I don't know how it can be said simpler :P

Return to “[E] General”