Sorry for this huge delay, but I encountered a big problem with PVR+ stability and cannot find out what caused it for many months. Now I hope it is solved (BTW problem was caused by multiple SDL video mode init calls without closing it first). OK,... well,... here you are:
Brand new PVR+ 4.1 ready for DOWNLOAD
But that's not the end of this post.
Threre are two Software Development Kits (SDK's) for those who want to add new functionality to PVR+.
DOWNLOAD Video Filters SDK
DOWNLOAD Postprocessing Modules SDK
Enough? No? Then maybe you want SOURCE CODE, too.
I have had some time today to test the app. Unfortunately, it's not working very well for me. I have some issues:
1. A message appears at startup stating that it cannot load statistics. I checked the permissions and statistics.csv was the only file with wrong permissions, so I chmoded it to 777. Still, the same message shows up every time I starts the TV.
2. Outliner. All the modes are shifted to the left on my TV. Older versions (both standalone and built into PVRplus 4.0 worked well in that sense for me). Should I edit any file?
3. It seems that It doesn't detect properly when I am in media player mode. For example, I cannot resume a video anymore (blue button doesn't work) and pause button freezes the image but the video keeps playing as I can hear it. If I press the play button then, the TV restarts. I have had already three TV restarts.
I am thinking about going back to 4.0. It's sad because some new features looks promising, but it is too buggy and unstable for me
BTW, I installed it this way:
1. I backed up my scripts
2. disable PVRplus
3. removed PVRplus
4. transfered the new one
5. copied my scripts.
Hopefully It can be fixed, because I really love the app.
I know there are some bugs. Some are fixed already, but I am not ready to publish next version today.
Let me answer quicky:
1. I forgot to attach "channel_map.txt" file. It seems it is not optional, but it should be and will be in PVR 4.2. You can create empty one. Or disable statistics function at all.
2. Copy outliner.ini file to PVR+ directory
3. To be fixed in 4.2.
Your testing procedure was good, but to make it easier, please first disable old PVR+ with restart, then run new version from external media (pendrive or USB HDD).
Of course you better stay in old version until new version arrives.
I will post new version soon, I hope. Cheers!
I didn't want to start a new forum thread because we're making some tests only.
Here you can download a new version of PVR+ with many changes made this month:
DOWNLOAD PVR+ 4.2
It is not the final version because there are still many TODO's in my list. So there was no reason to publish source code at the moment. Video filters and postprocessing modules are still compatible with this version of PVR+.
I hope you will be able to run it without serious problems. Please test it, send your comments and let me improve it as I can. Your feedback is very important. I can't test everything by myself.
Thank you very much for your work!!! I really appreciate it!
I have had some time to test the 4.2 release. It's (much) more stable, I have had no restarts at all, so I have installed it into TV memory, replacing the 4.0 one
1. The message stating that it cannot load statistics is gone. Well, it showed up one time upon running the app for the first time, but it was just that one time. So this issue has been fixed.
2. Outliner. It isn't shifted to the left anymore. Great!
- The outline mode is, by far, the one that works better.
- Bars mode is nice (and no blinking issues! ) but too CPU intensive I think. Top shows load average around 5.5, with peaks of 6.0, which makes the TV slow at responding to remote control and sometimes affects even the subtitles refresh. This slow behavior don't occur with the standalone Outliner, which I happen to use a lot and I am very happy with (in fact, I used to use PVR+ 4.0 but used the standalone outliner game instead for the subtitles).
- Shadows mode tend to leave some shadows from time to time when the text change which is a little disturbing.
This is all I could test. I hope it could be of help.
Statistics function will be disabled by default in PVR+ 4.3 so this error will not be shown, I hope. User will be able to enable it later using setup menu.
I will try to do something with this. It is not easy because I should find a better way to detect existing subtitles on the screen surface.
Also Outline mode sometimes can leave some trash. I'm not sure how to fix this but I'm going to try.
Hmm, are you sure you were changing aspect ratio in MediaPlay using FAVCH button before??? I am using TOOLS button to change aspect ratio in MediaPlay. Sending KEY_ASPECT shortcut doesn't work in MediaPlay (shows an error message only - Not available or so).
Energy saving shortcut works and will be allowed in MediaPlay since PVR+ 4.3.
EDIT: I've found also some bugs in recording function. Fixes are going to be applied in PVR+4.3.
Thank you again and stay tuned for PVR+ 4.3.
I didn't know that, thanks. OK, your suggestion will be implemented in PVR+ 4.3.
BTW, I am a little busy with developing PVR+ 4.3 because of many problems with subtitle outliner functions (actually weak CPU power to process captured video data). It would be better to find a function called at the time SRT/SUB subtitle is displayed in MediaPlay. Maybe someone know this? First look on exeDSP functions suggest it should be a function with "CaptionManager" in its name, but I am not sure. "Hooking" such function (event) could make outliner procedure work better.
EDIT1: CMultimediaMovieInfo class functions are very promising. Function:
Code: Select all
EDIT2: YES! That's the function I wanted to intercept!!! It is called several times even when a single subtitle is displayed, but you can check if the text has been changed or not because the first parameter is UNICODE text address (Uint16 *text). So please expect huge improovement in Outliner function of PVR+ soon.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest