Edit the Channel list

Here are software that related with Samsung B series TVs. Like hex editors, new version of BusyBox or internal software, app programs that will run in your TV hardware.:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER QUESTIONS or Problems.

dynamic1969
SamyGO Admin

Re: Edit the Channel list

Post by dynamic1969 »

Hi polskafan,
you should also add, as to what your TV model and source are ( Cable, Antenna, Sat etc. ) ?

I am using an external Sat-Receiver, why that information is not relevant for me but I remember to have seen some files under "/mtd_rwarea/", which could contain the information that you may be looking for:

Code: Select all

map-AirA
map-AirAb
map-AirD
map-AirDb
map-CableA
map-CableAb
map-CableD
map-CableDb
map-ChKey
map-ChKeyb
map-SateD
map-SateDb
Have a look at these files and you may be able to find what you are looking for. Once you confirm that this is the right source to modify the scanned TV channels, then one could look into exeDSP to possibly patch the required Service-Types.

Regards
dynamic
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

polskafan wrote: So the last one is the one to edit. Unfortunately my hex editing skills are limited, so i don't see a structure in the file or i would try to change a line and put my own PIDs there. I hope someone can help me.
- polskafan
Hi polskafan,
I have some hex editing skills, as a author of a HexEditor :)
I make it for reverse engineering binary files and open Huge f'les and/or devices like partition or entire HDD. So reverse engineering process here.

I inspected file before and saw 248 byte long patterns. But I not spend time on solving those fields.

Byte 7 = Always 0x46
Byte 9 = Always 0xE8
Byte 15-23 = Always 0x02 F0 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF
Byte 25-26 = Always 0xFF 01
Byte 29-32 = Always 0xFF FF FF FF
Byte 35-36 = Unknown!
Byte 39-44 = Always 0x00 00 00 00 00 00
Byte 248 = Unknown code, insisting checksum of others?

Hint, As an engineer technique we can mark always same fields as 'Reserved'
So, there is only 2 fields are in question. 35-36 and 248.th bytes.
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

Those fields and checksum algorithm could be calculated by reverse engineering of exeDSP.
But this days no one has free time :). Will solved with time...

Return to “[B] Software”