[APP] Ambi-Light

Here are software that related with Samsung B series TVs. Like hex editors, new version of BusyBox or internal software, app programs that will run in your TV hardware.:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER QUESTIONS or Problems.

aenniw

[APP] Ambi-Light

Post by aenniw »

Hi all

I would like to share with you simple application for ambient lightning of TV (tested on LE46B650)
App works with TV channels, DLNA and files from usb drives. It cannot handle dynamic scenes smoothly but for normal TV shows it is enought.

To build it you need ESP8266 that is connected to the same network as TV, +-4m individually addressable led strip and powersupply.
In config file of ambi app update ip-addres of ESP8266, number of leds and its port. Green button on remote turns on abmi and yellow turns it off.

Hope that someone finds it usefull.

>>> Examples <<<

TV show
File on USB drive

>>> APP and ESP8266 sketch <<<
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
asiersan
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [APP] Ambi-Light

Post by asiersan »

Could it work on f/h series?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Samsung 55HU7500L
Samsung 40F6500
Samsung 32K5570SU
matthewk
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by matthewk »

Cool. Can you share how you did the part in the TV? You need to extract the color information at the edges of the image, so I wonder how you accessed the image and did the processing for the color extraction. Thanks.
aenniw

Post by aenniw »

asiersan wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:21 am Could it work on f/h series?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
If there is any way to access memory containing current frame that is showed than it could work,
but should look for more info regarding this in their forum as my knowledge of f/h series very limited.
aenniw

Post by aenniw »

matthewk wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:09 pm Cool. Can you share how you did the part in the TV? You need to extract the color information at the edges of the image, so I wonder how you accessed the image and did the processing for the color extraction. Thanks.
Bellow you can find sources for this App and also simple simulator so that you can develop without using any hardware (led-strip or esp)

The extraction of color is based on old sources of PVR that I found online.
The whole proccess of sampling is based on averaging R,G,B parst of color on areas around edges of display and sending it via UDP to remote host for rendering. Note that it is very time consuming proccess without using any SIMD instructions (I am not aware that they are exposed somehow in B650) and thus App is skipping some pixels to compensate for it ... and this leads to problems that sometimes color sampled is diferent that color that is displayed on TV. The HW part especialy ESP-8266 do some post processing of samples that are recieved and tries to smooth it.

If you want to look more into it, the information how to setup devel env. for it should be prodived in the link bellow. I stoped messing with it at this point, as the result was satisfying for me in most cases. Sources
matthewk
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by matthewk »

Hi,

thanks. So the key is to find the image in the memory and you found it in the PVR sources. Indeed, this is really accessing the TV at a very low level. Is the time consuming part to extract the color info at the edges or the UDP transmission? In the first case, one could try to outsource that part to a dedicated HW, e.g. a Raspi - there is already software that can do the job (Hyperion). If the latter is the problem, this won´t be a solution.
Anyway, the tricky part will be to access image in the memory for other TVs (E/F/G)...
aenniw

Post by aenniw »

The most time consuming part is the extraction of color. And yes it can be outsorced to other HW but the point of this App was that the only HW that you will need are LEDs, PSU and ESP. More importantly this App does not aim to replace current solutions that run on Raspi + Hyperion but to add ability to also have ambient light for TV channels using integrated TV tuner.

So in short If you use mainly use TV lik it is without any external video sources like SET-TOPBOX or PC connected via HDMI this app is for you,
otherwise you should use more robust setep like Raspi + Hyperion or other. Also the budget for accessories needed is more pricy when you use Raspi + Hyperion ...

Return to “[B] Software”