[App] PVR+ 4.3

Here are software that related with Samsung B series TVs. Like hex editors, new version of BusyBox or internal software, app programs that will run in your TV hardware.:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER QUESTIONS or Problems.

geo650
Official SamyGO Developer

[App] PVR+ 4.3

Post by geo650 »

Hello Everyone!

AFTER 7 YEARS... you can still use PVR+ !

Let's check what's new in PVR+ 4.3.
There are 2 versions:

PVR+ 4.3 FULL VERSION

and

PVR+ 4.3 LITE VERSION
with some functions removed.

All existing video filters and postprocessing modules are compatible, so SDK's generally are up to date and can be used for creating new filters and modules.

SOURCE CODE is also available.

Feel free to post your comments, ideas, fixes, addons etc.
Your feedback is highly appreciated. Thanks!

ENJOY!
baco81

Re: [App] PVR+ 4.3

Post by baco81 »

Nice!!!

I have been using the full version last weekend and it works great! The "new" built-in outliner is a huge improvement. I could say that is perfect now. Thank you!!! :D

I have been trying the video filters out. The framed one is cute. I thought about a scanline filter for retro gaming, but I am pretty sure it would add some lag, so I won't bother. In the other hand, I am not sure if the zoom filter is successfully deactivate when I exit this function as it seems to me that the image is still zommed afterwards, but I might just made that up, I am not sure :roll:

BTW, what are the differences between the two versions (full and lite)? I have read the attached readme files but they seem to be identical on both. What features were removed?

Finally, may I ask as well how to deactivate PVRplus? In the readme file it is stated that it can be done from version 1.7+, but I don't know how (I usually comment out the line in my start-up script and reboot before removing it and installing the new version, instead).

Regards!!!
T-CHL7DEUC-2005.0-v0.24-GMT2-ArFIX2-ADFIX-fwver-ENGFIX
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Nice, great tool has got updates. Just it's a pity here are not much active B series owners left :(
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
geo650

Post by geo650 »

Hello again! I am glad somebody uses it.
baco81 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:20 pm I have been trying the video filters out. The framed one is cute. I thought about a scanline filter for retro gaming, but I am pretty sure it would add some lag, so I won't bother. In the other hand, I am not sure if the zoom filter is successfully deactivate when I exit this function as it seems to me that the image is still zommed afterwards, but I might just made that up, I am not sure
Good idea, but CPU might be too slow for smooth operation. But you can create a filter like that with TV frame, with half-transparent horizontal lines every odd or even line (actually create new png image only for the same filter) so it should give similar effect without any lag. Just an idea.

Zoom video filter sets initial values into video scaling registers at exit so it should be restored well. Be aware, default scaling settings for 16:9 ratio are not Full-HD 1920x1080! They're a bit zoomed in (= so called overscan).
baco81 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:20 pmBTW, what are the differences between the two versions (full and lite)? I have read the attached readme files but they seem to be identical on both. What features were removed?
Differences are visible in setup menu (MENU, REC). There are less options there, some of them are still working but you cannot disable them. Actually, I created LITE version for myself because I don't need all these things. Complete list of removed features from source code:

Code: Select all

#define EXTRA_OPTION_AD 
#define EXTRA_OPTION_CIP 
#define EXTRA_OPTION_DEL_EMPTY 
#define EXTRA_OPTION_DEL_MDB 
#define EXTRA_OPTION_ASYNC 
#define EXTRA_OPTION_TESTWRITE 
#define EXTRA_OPTION_TESTLOWSPACE 
#define EXTRA_OPTION_RECWARNINGS 
#define EXTRA_OPTION_LOCK 
#define EXTRA_OPTION_DEACTIVATION_SOURCE 
#define EXTRA_OPTION_SEMIOFF 
#define EXTRA_OPTION_RESTART 
#define EXTRA_OPTION_FONTCOLOR 
#define EXTRA_OPTION_TELETEXT
(no AD button support, no CI+ support, deleting empty files=always, deleting MDB=always, testing writing=always, testing low space=always, recording warnings=on, no option for locking REC button, no option for deactivation from source, no option for semi-power-off, no restarting function, no option for subtitle font color, teletext always allowed during recording).
baco81 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:20 pmFinally, may I ask as well how to deactivate PVRplus? In the readme file it is stated that it can be done from version 1.7+, but I don't know how (I usually comment out the line in my start-up script and reboot before removing it and installing the new version, instead).
Deactivation procedure is quite simple:
- enter setup menu (MENU, REC)
- select "disable PVR+" in option "On next power on"
- press ENTER
- power OFF TV by POWER button, then switch it ON again (i.e. restart).
- then PVR+ will show a message: "PVR+ Deactivated". It means you can overwrite PVR+ files because it is released from memory. After next reboot it will be loaded as usual, without any changes in startup script.

Regards!!!
alw15

Post by alw15 »

Geo650 Big thanks!
Record from PiP it works now.
Regards!
mattberlin
SamyGO Project Donor

Recording not possible :-(

Post by mattberlin »

Hu guys,

I do have a problem concerning recording on a network drive.

First of all, recoding on the attached USB stick works fine.

Recoding on "path=/dtv/usb/sda1/!MATT_NFS/Videos/TV/!Recorded" does not work.
The file is created upon pressing REC. Once I hit STOP, it tells me "Recording deleted" and nothing was recorded.

BTW, with the old "samygopvr" works just fine with the above listed target.

So, this must be an issue with PVR+
fs_f_type=FAT and fs_f_type=NFS makes to difference.

Does anyone of you have an idea?
Last edited by mattberlin on Tue May 02, 2017 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
my TV: LE32B679
geo650

Re: Recording not possible :-(

Post by geo650 »

mattberlin wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 3:14 pm I do have a problem concerning recording on a network drive...
Hello!

Recording is deleted since PVR+ "feels" it's file size is zero.
Recently I was using PVR+ for recording on a network drive (CIFS not NFS) and worked well for me, but I didn't test NFS.

My questions / requests:
1. Can you tell me if you were recording from the same TV channel on USB and NFS share? If not, please make such a test, without changing any options in setup menu.
2. Can you test if file size grows (and free space is dropping) on NFS shared drive during recording?

P.S. Please use FULL (not LITE) version of PVR+ for testing.
mattberlin
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mattberlin »

Hi geo,

thank's for getting back to me.
I'm using the FULL version.

There are my answers to your requests:
1) Yes, same channel. Recording on USB always works fine. Recording on network never works. With the old "samygopvr" it always works.

2) As a matter of fact the file being created upon pressing REC always remains at 0 KB. With the old samygopvr it's continuously getting bigger as the recording process progresses.
geo650

Post by geo650 »

OK, thank you for your answers. Now, let me set up NFS server on linux for testing purposes to find out what is wrong. Stay tuned for results.

EDIT1: After some tests with Linux and Windows NFS servers: I think, the problem is not caused by PVR+ itself but by default mounting NFS limitations on Samsung TV where single file can be written but two simultaneous (TS and MDB) not. I think the problem has been solved somewhere on this forum. Still testing...

EDIT2: I don't know what is going on. Recording function creates TS file only, with strange permissions = ---xr-SrwT and MDB file is not created. I've made many tests disabling many other functions of PVR+ and still don't know what is going on. I was trying many mounting options as well (sync, async, tcp). It is strange because there are absolutely no problems with CIFS but threre are with NFS shares. The most strange thing is that PVR+ hangs and causes restart (coredump?) when STOP button is hit. So I think there is something else to know about exeDSP PVR functions. Maybe someone knows?
mattberlin
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mattberlin »

That's great news that you managed to reproduce the issue.

I am everything else than a software engineer. But since the old samygopvr works fine in terms of recording, it's probably easy to find.

Return to “[B] Software”