[App] PVR+ 4.4

Here are software that related with Samsung B series TVs. Like hex editors, new version of BusyBox or internal software, app programs that will run in your TV hardware.:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER QUESTIONS or Problems.

geo650
Official SamyGO Developer

[App] PVR+ 4.4

Post by geo650 »

Hello Everyone!

Let's check what's new in PVR+ 4.4.

DOWNLOAD PVR+ 4.4

All existing video filters and postprocessing modules are compatible, so SDK's generally are up to date and can be used for creating new filters and modules.

For all who wanted to record on NFS shares: finally it is now possible with this version of PVR+.

Feel free to post your comments, ideas, fixes, addons etc.
Your feedback is highly appreciated. Thanks!

ENJOY!
baco81

Re: [App] PVR+ 4.4

Post by baco81 »

Hi Geo650

I have already updated it to the last version. I don't have a nfs shared folder to test the new working feature, though.

I am currently using samba shares. They work perfectly fine for sd tv recording. However, it does not work that well with hd channels. Those get pixelated from time to time. It has something to do with cifs and cpu usage through wifi while recording. If I stop recording, it goes back to normal. Would I get better performance if I record on a nfs share?

(EDIT: I have been making further tests and It seems I was wrong. It does not have to do with hd vs sd channels. It seems to affect only to channels in a specific mux, it doesn't matter if they are sd or hd. I am thinking about playing around with the wifi channels to see if that resolves the issue.)

I have deteted a minor bug. If I change the energy saving setting in media player mode and, BEFORE the message has disappeared, I press the pause button, the image freezes but the video is still playing and the tv finally restarts.

Finally, I would like to ask if it would feasible to build block bezel buttons app into PVR+ and turn it on and off through the PVR+ menu. I have little kids and I am using the standalone app but enabling it through the Play button is not that convenient.

Thank you very much for your your app!!!

Regards!
T-CHL7DEUC-2005.0-v0.24-GMT2-ArFIX2-ADFIX-fwver-ENGFIX
mattberlin
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mattberlin »

Works perfect! Thx!
my TV: LE32B679
geo650

Post by geo650 »

Thank you very much for testing PVR+ 4.4 and thank you for you comments. Now I'd like to inform you I am working on PVR+ update.
baco81 wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 7:20 pm ...pixelated from time to time. It has something to do with cifs and cpu usage through wifi while recording... It seems to affect only to channels in a specific mux...
I think the issue may be related to a weak signal and reception errors. I've noticed that while there are many errors (i.e over 0% as you can see in EXTRA MENU page 1) there is a little bigger CPU load while recording. I am not sure why - maybe because of any kind of software-driven correction - I don't know.

It might be also related to WiFi interferences. I am using LAN ethernet cable connection and I recommend using this instead of WiFi because nowadays it is much more stable (there are many WiFi noise sources around us). Note that external USB-HDD connected to the TV also can produce interferencing waves.
baco81 wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 7:20 pmI have deteted a minor bug. If I change the energy saving setting in media player mode and, BEFORE the message has disappeared, I press the pause button, the image freezes but the video is still playing and the tv finally restarts.
The problem is caused by the function that detects TV mode. It changes from "MediaPlay" to "bare TV" while changing energy saving mode during playing a movie in MediaPlay so PVR+ don't know it is in MediaPlay at the time you're pressing PAUSE button so wrong pausing function is used.
Anyways, this bug will be fixed in PVR+ 4.5. Actually, it is fixed now and I am testing it.
baco81 wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 7:20 pm...to build block bezel buttons app into PVR+
Done. You'll see it in PVR+ 4.5.

Regards!
baco81

Post by baco81 »

Thank you very much Geo650 for BBB!!! :D

I resolved the issue regarding recording some TV channels just by changing the wifi channel on my router :)

I just got and idea.This is actually my B651 deleting some recordings stored on my NAS just by using the media player menu. Would be possible to trace the function exedsp uses to delete files in media player mode and assing it to a button?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

I think that it would be very handy, not just for recordings, but also for other media files like a movie you just watched or a photo/snapshot you don't want...

Regards!!
T-CHL7DEUC-2005.0-v0.24-GMT2-ArFIX2-ADFIX-fwver-ENGFIX
geo650

Post by geo650 »

OK, your idea is on my TODO list for a long time. But I don't know if I can do this. I've noticed it works for internal memory but does not for external USB device. Solution is probably simple but requires some experiments to be done.

Anyways, PVR+ 4.5 is ready!
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

geo650 wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 8:31 pm OK, your idea is on my TODO list for a long time. But I don't know if I can do this. I've noticed it works for internal memory but does not for external USB device. Solution is probably simple but requires some experiments to be done.
This solution has been almost implemented to some experimental code, named libMovieDelete.so by @sectroyer. It hasn`t been ever finished yet, but activity on this equals to zero... Worked on D series, also had some success on B series too...
SpoilerShow

Code: Select all

[MovieDelete] SamyGO D libMovieDelete v0.3.7 - (c) sectroyer 2014
[MovieDelete] Found CMP R0, #2 at: 0x0220f400
[MovieDelete] Found MOV R6, R0 at: 0x0220f404
[MovieDelete] Patched successfully.
[MovieDelete] Found CMP R0, #2 at: 0x021df6c4
[MovieDelete] Found CMP R0, #2 at: 0x02196308
[MovieDelete] _ZN17CAceMPBaseBrowser25t_OnUpdateEditModeBrowserEibb [0x21ddf90].
[MovieDelete] _ZN10CSingletonI9CAceMPDocE3GetEv [0x21cc950].
[MovieDelete] _ZN9CAceMPDoc11SetEditModeEb [0x219301c].
[MovieDelete] _ZN14CCommonBrowser14EnableEditModeEv [0x192fbb8].
[MovieDelete] _ZN17CAceMPBaseBrowser20t_EditMode_EnterInitEv [0x21ddbf0].
[MovieDelete] _ZN14CCommonBrowser4ShowEb [0x1932504].
[MovieDelete] _ZN14CCommonBrowser14UpdateAllItemsEv [0x192eec0].
[MovieDelete] _ZNK14CAceMPViewInfo15GetContentsTypeEv [0x219d6c8].
[MovieDelete] _ZN19CAceMPDeviceBrowser20t_GetBrowserCategoryEv [0x220cfdc].
[MovieDelete] init done...
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE

Return to “[B] Software”