[App] SamyGO Screen Resizer

Here are software that related with Samsung B series TVs. Like hex editors, new version of BusyBox or internal software, app programs that will run in your TV hardware.:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER QUESTIONS or Problems.

sbav1
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: SamyGO Screen Resizer

Post by sbav1 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:43 pm

deniskapu wrote:Tell me please, or you can use the Resizer in USB Movie
yes

sbav1

Re: PIP and the SamyGO Screen Resizer

Post by sbav1 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:26 pm

jw1001 wrote:When I pressed the "0", the PIP screen appeared, but none of the other keys was active in this mode - they just brought up an error message. However, when I pressed "0" again, the PIP remained. It was still there after I switched away to another source and went back, and even after going in/out of standby. As PIP was not in the Tools menu, I thought the TV was broken! I was thinking I might need to revert the software when it dawned on me that PIP is disabled on AV sources - that's why there's no way to turn it off.
Turning the power off at the wall eventually cured the issue (though scarily, this didn't work first time as I didn't give it long enough). So now we have an additional feature - PIP on AV. Just a pity it can't be turned off.
Most interesting - and a little scary as well :|. PIP on AV/composite makes sense; I guess composite input is closely related to analog TV input on hardware level. But so far I'm unable to replicate any such behaviour on my TV ( LE**B650 T2W). For testing, I've connected my Canon 350D DSLR to TV AV port, but it's behaving just as expected with resizer (in both PAL and NTSC settings). Can you elaborate a little bit more (your TV model, exact keypresses/sequence of events, etc.)?

sbav1

Re: SamyGO Screen Resizer

Post by sbav1 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:16 am

deniskapu wrote:Help me please
When I run Resizer03 with Injectso or GBL have response

Code: Select all

Cannot open '/mtd_contents/SamyGO/../Resizer/sd_video.so' !!!
/mtd_contents/SamyGO/../Resizer/sd_video.so: undefined symbol: SDL_FreeSurface
Do you have any idea where the problem

52B620R3w
No idea :( Does it work from Content Library (is there a Content Library in B620 models)?
Are you able to run another extensions (with SDL code, eg. MyButtons) with injectso ?

jw1001

Post by jw1001 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:02 pm

sbav1 wrote:Most interesting - and a little scary as well :|. PIP on AV/composite makes sense; I guess composite input is closely related to analog TV input on hardware level. But so far I'm unable to replicate any such behaviour on my TV ( LE**B650 T2W). For testing, I've connected my Canon 350D DSLR to TV AV port, but it's behaving just as expected with resizer (in both PAL and NTSC settings). Can you elaborate a little bit more (your TV model, exact keypresses/sequence of events, etc.)?
I have the same TV, but was using SCART (Ext1 - probably RGB input, not composite), not the side AV IN. I'm sure I just pressed the "0" as per instructions to make the PIP appear - what does this do to the TV? Tell it to turn PIP on? The TV menus don't let you do that when using these sources. If you can figure out the other PIP commands, you could add a useful feature. My main PVR is on SCART, so I use that source a lot.

After that, I pressed a lot of other keys (up, down, etc) to try out the Resizer functions. but they just produced the error messages. I think pressing "0" again might have switched back to the main picture, and Blue would have exited, with the sub-picture still present. Let me know if you can't get anything on SCART, and I'll try again. [Even if you don't have a SCART equipment, you might still be able to select it.]

sbav1

Post by sbav1 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:17 pm

jw1001 wrote: I have the same TV, but was using SCART (Ext1 - probably RGB input, not composite), not the side AV IN. I'm sure I just pressed the "0" as per instructions to make the PIP appear - what does this do to the TV? Tell it to turn PIP on?
"0" key is just an app control switch / mode switch (toggles static variable in resizer, and nothing more); it shouldn't do anything to TV directly. There are two "screens" in Samsung hardware, MAIN and SUB. Intentionally, in MAIN mode, resizer keypresses should act on MAIN screen, and in PIP mode they should act on SUB screen. I thought SUB screen was used only for PIP input ; but maybe it's a little more complicated..
Let me know if you can't get anything on SCART, and I'll try again. [Even if you don't have a SCART equipment, you might still be able to select it.]
I'm using Scart (Ext1, in RGB mode) for TV (ITPV set-top-box), but I'm still unable to replicate this.

I browsed through firmware functions responsible (AFAIK- ?) for input<->screen binding (SdVideo_Connect, spIDp_SetInputPort & spIDp_SetInput); it's inconclusive :?
I believe some MAIN/SUB input combinati0ons are simply not possible due to hardware limitations (e.g. HDMI1 in MAIN and HDMI2 in SUB/PIP); I think it's not directly possible to use SUB screen for digital picture/JPEG display (not sure it's an actual hardware limitation- perhaps it's just not implemented in Sasmung firmware). The rest is a mystery for me, at least so far ;).

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: [App] SamyGO Screen Resizer

Post by juusso » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:25 pm

i think sub screen (at least two diff sizes) is used for GUIDE.
Teletext i think too uses sub screen...
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE

Return to “[B] Software”