[App] SamyGO Screen Resizer

Here are software that related with Samsung B series TVs. Like hex editors, new version of BusyBox or internal software, app programs that will run in your TV hardware.:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER QUESTIONS or Problems.

arris69
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: SamyGO Screen Resizer

Post by arris69 »

sbav1 wrote:Thanks for the feedback, everyone; I'll post updated version in a couple of days.
I'm a little surprised that it actually works on LN* models and CI+ models :). Good to know; it looks like SdVideo_Settings_t structure is well preserved in different firmware branches.
it cost too much money to rewrite exeDSP for the models ;-)
sbav1 wrote:@arris69:
> just 1 little problem, i can't use the tools menu, up and down makes pic changes and no navigation (not realy important)
That's strange; remote control should just return to the "normal" behaviour after exiting resize mode (single <blue> keypress).
yes, i think i misunderstood how it's designed
can switch the resolution fine with << and >> :-)
sbav1 wrote: @msurg, @arris69:
> How can I install the resizer without touching or uninstalling SamyGo extensions?
Frankly, I don't quite understand what are you guys talking about :).. I guess it's about some method for installing content library apps in TV models without Game menu (???).
yes, or start it at boot time

thnx
arris
sbav1

Post by sbav1 »

New version (v0.3). Change list:
- nice icon contributed by moras86 (thanks!),
- PIP support (key "0" for switching between MAIN/PIP),
- improved compatibility with another extensions (universal injection procedure by geo650),
- improved ttf font rendering for OSD display (credits go to reaper7),
- config file for user settings, configurable activation key,
- custom geometry settings can be defined in config file ("MENU" key for toggle),
- picture panning-moving (keys 2,4,6,8).

Download from http://rapidshare.com/files/441186531/Resizer_v03.tgz

(sorry for the inconvenience, but I'm getting "the board attachment quota has been reached" messages on SourceForge lately).
arris69

Post by arris69 »

sbav1 wrote: (sorry for the inconvenience, but I'm getting "the board attachment quota has been reached" messages on SourceForge lately).
md5sum 187f9e6b7db21610f1c4fa0385fa22d6 Resizer_v03.tgz
http://sourceforge.net/projects/samygo/ ... lications/

thnx
arris

edit: sbav1 has wiki editor permissions? (http://wiki.samygo.tv/?title=Content_Li ... tions_list)
Last edited by arris69 on Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: q
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

arris69 wrote:edit: sbav1 has wiki editor permissions? (http://wiki.samygo.tv/?title=Content_Li ... tions_list)
Now he has. :)
You can also give editor permissions too via this page..
sbav1

Post by sbav1 »

michalhejl wrote:Hi, this looks awesome, but is it possible to get it to perform pan-scan, i.e. zoom height and width at the same time?

I would like to view 1920x800 as [ -336, 0, 2592, 1080 ], i.e. zoomed to fullscreen (2592x1080), centered, and left and right part of picture that falls outside the screen cropped (into 1920x1080). The application seems to be ignoring this set up at the moment, and won't allow me to zoom above 1920 using Volume+ either. Thanks
Internally, there are two kinds of settings: for "capture" and "geometry" (in Samsung terminology). Cropping/zooming should be performed via "capture" settings (left/right/up/down keys on remote control). I.e, you need to crop left and right parts of the input (capture=[249,0,1422,800]), and stretch the result picture to full screen (geometry=[0,0,1920,1080]).
Currently it's not possible to define custom settings for "capture" in config file (I'll try to add such functionality in new version, ~next week), but arrow keys should work for cropping & zooming.
jw1001

PIP and the SamyGO Screen Resizer

Post by jw1001 »

I used this successfully to cure some overscan on a PC input, and to remove the borders on a letterbox film from an AV source. When I pressed the "0", the PIP screen appeared, but none of the other keys was active in this mode - they just brought up an error message. However, when I pressed "0" again, the PIP remained. It was still there after I switched away to another source and went back, and even after going in/out of standby. As PIP was not in the Tools menu, I thought the TV was broken! I was thinking I might need to revert the software when it dawned on me that PIP is disabled on AV sources - that's why there's no way to turn it off.

Turning the power off at the wall eventually cured the issue (though scarily, this didn't work first time as I didn't give it long enough). So now we have an additional feature - PIP on AV. Just a pity it can't be turned off.

Return to “[B] Software”