SamyGO ChanEdit - a Java based channel editor

Here are software that related with Samsung B series TVs. Like hex editors, new version of BusyBox or internal software, app programs that will run in your TV hardware.:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER QUESTIONS or Problems.

erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Re: SamyGO ChanEdit - a Java based channel editor

Post by erdem_ua »

I think it's time to edit Analog channels :)
jw1001

Re: SamyGO ChanEdit - a Java based channel editor

Post by jw1001 »

polskafan wrote:Did anyone try to edit a DVB-T list and test it successfully? I only opened one, once to confirm the sctructure is the same. But as the editor does not care about DVB-T parameters like the FEC or whatever its called on DVB-T i don't think it produces working lists when saving again. I'll remove DVB-T from wiki, until it works for sure.
I took snapshots of the tuning (UK DVB-T) for mapAirD with a few changes made on the TV channel list. I can give you some feedback.

I compared a written file with the original, initially with just a single change (locked channel). That change seemed to get written to the correct byte (245 to 0x01?)

Firstly, I noted that the database channel order has changed. The TV probably populates the database in the order it finds channels, while your program writes them in channel order. It's much easier to view the file that way but it makes it harder to compare the two files in a hex viewer! That said, there are a number of changes apparent in the records.

My exported file had a few duplicate entries on the end, a couple maybe with out-of-date information (though some of the fields seem to change from one snapshot to the next, perhaps as the stations go off-air). The program picked up the invalid records and ignored the real ones. It looks as though the invalid records all had something other than 0xE8 in byte 8 - all other records had that value.

The program writes bytes 22,21,20 as 0xFFFFFF, but the exported file has these values as either 0xA402D0, 0xA40220, 0xA402C0, 0x0000 or 0XFFFF. I don't know what these are, but there may be a correlation with mux (frequency).

One of the encrypted channels doesn't show the flag in the program. This is the only one I subscribe to. Removing the subscription card made no difference to the record.

The program (v0.31) doesn't pick up the favourite flag from the file. That seems to be stored in byte 06 - value 0x23 for favourite, 0x22 for others. It didn't change the original values on writing, but one channel I made a favourite within the program had the byte changed from 0x22 to 0x47.

As for modulation info (frequency, bandwidth, QAM, etc), I don't see anything in the record that would indicate that, but then it would be common to each mux anyway and maybe stored elsewhere. However, when you try to add a channel manually, the TV does ask for some of that information.

The program column "Frq" displays UHF channel numbers. "SR" has all records "0".

HTH

Return to “[B] Software”