SamyGO ChanEdit - a Java based channel editor

Here are software that related with Samsung B series TVs. Like hex editors, new version of BusyBox or internal software, app programs that will run in your TV hardware.:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER QUESTIONS or Problems.

erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Re: SamyGO ChanEdit - a Java based channel editor

Post by erdem_ua »

It's little off-topic but I am Admin here! 8-)

Years years ago, I decided to learn MCF/Win32 API or not to learn GUI programming.
I decide not.
Than learned wxWidgets. It's cross compilable C++ API that works on Windows, Linux, MacOS and others. It run at full speed. No slowness and no require for VM like java - .net...
I made DivFix++, wxHexEditor, Meteorite with it.
wxWidgets has support on python, perl and java too.
You could needed to check this page up. wxWiki

If I were you learned wxPython. :D

My GTK doesn't show that. M?ght be a problem depending theme that I use? Will be investigated later :)
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

I am coding nearly 5+ years in C++. And I learned python in 2 days. I am also beginner at python but I can say that, you can make a thing in 2 days in python, that takes a week for C++.
And python is almost everywhere. Even in AVR and PIC microcontrollers! So its snaked to every hole that java enters :)

Don't advice to enter C++ code. It's same thing as Java. They shares same syntax and logic almost. But C++ runs on real hardware and fast.
It's not required to change language of a tool to make it join to Samygo. But If you wanted to do, make it in python.
That language is not like java, c++ integer mind. But it's in string minded.
It became weird at the beginning. Python is not another syntax like C++, but it's more about programming style.
For example :
You can open a file, read, filter the files contents, split results to valuable partitions, than return each valuable partition to for loop and process it, than move to result as a list to a variable withn a single and most important readable line of python code. 8-)
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

Great!
I think you want to be prepare Wiki page about your application as a documentation.
:)
Added editor rights and page for your edit
http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php?title=S ... &redlink=1

Return to “[B] Software”