[APP] Handyman - widget for B series TV.

Here are software that related with Samsung B series TVs. Like hex editors, new version of BusyBox or internal software, app programs that will run in your TV hardware.:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER QUESTIONS or Problems.

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

[APP] Handyman - widget for B series TV.

Post by juusso »

Handyman widget

Functions:

1. Install FFB apps (come with this widget)
  • 1. FFB v0.8
  • 2. Telnet Enabler
  • 3. Dump Maker Lite 2.5
  • 4. RollBack firmware (does not install firmware, just switch to alternative if exists. )
  • 5. Emergency switch firmwares (useful in bootloop, when almost no time left, but content library is accessible. Warning! If firmware does not exist - brick 100%!)
    Use 4 and 5 apps only if you know what you`re doing, High brick danger!
2. Install any other app to TV (rename to game.zip, place to root directory on USB)
3. Check platform name to know what firmware to use for FFB.
4. Enable GAMES on B series plasma TV.
5. Enable alternative firmware to switch to (if accidentally upgraded to latest firmware, this does switch to older firmware, use only if you know what you are doing here - you can brick!)

How-To Install

EU TV models: Setup your TV to use non yahoo widgets (InfoLink country in service menu: CIS or Ireland).
USA TV models just follow steps below and let TV install required widget engine. Users reported, they had to repeat pressing on I@TV button after 20-30 sec to get it finally connected and properly installed. Bug related to samsung widget engine itself... sorry... :)

1. Setup IP of TV manually, use this DNS address:

Code: Select all

Keep in mind, TV will fail the network connectivity testing, that`s normal.
2. Reboot TV, start Internet@TV.
3. Let TV to install Internet@TV updates

Widget is not present in widget list, you have to install it manually via develop account:
1. Go to Setup - Developer (No need to enter any server`s IP nor create any account.)
2. Synchronize widgets and wait until installation procedure of widget finishes.
8. Go to Internet@TV, Run Samygo Handyman widget.

For example, to install FFB apps you have to:
1. Navigate to menu "Install FFB apps" and execute it.
2. Widget extracts apps directly to Content management -> My Content -> Children
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Widget to hack B series TV. (Help is still needed.)

Post by juusso »

And here is not possible to set the Ireland or CIS from plug and play menu?

you have to know our samsung uses two diiferent widget systems. yahoo and non yahoo. you can switch it.
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

Icey

Post by Icey »

So has anyone successfully used this widget method ?

I have a UN46B8000 TV with firmware 1018. I get the "An unknown error has occured." when I try to copy the "4.SammygoHorse_fake" file from USB to my TV's internal memory.

It looks like trying this widget method may be my only option.
Last edited by Icey on Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Icey

Post by Icey »

Thanks to juuso, I was able to successfully install the Hack widget.

Then it was easy to copy the FFB to my TV, and then run FFB to downgrade my UN468000 TV with firmware 1018 down to pre-February 1013.

Thanks again for the help !

-Nik
samybill

Re: [App] Widget to hack B series TV.

Post by samybill »

What would be usefull is for instance a firmware modification tool to get SamyGo apps to autostart or other modifications
LE40B652 CI+ Firmware 2006.0 unpatched
cable TV , DVB-C over CI+
cod9hawk

Post by cod9hawk »

Model: LN52B750
Firmware: T-CHEAUSC-1018.1

I've been trying to downgrade my firmware to 1012.3, and juuso, you've been a great help, thanks. I was able to get the non-yahoo widgets, install the hack widget and run it. But at step 10. Navigate to menu "Copy FFB to TV" and execute it, I get "ERROR!: Cannot unzip FFB(v0.5).zip" message box.

The FFB(v0.5).zip file is placed on the USB root directory as directed.

Btw, non-yahoo widgets already had a samygo "hack your tv" widget pre-installed. And the error in question is produced by the "B_hack_widget" I installed through my PC web server, as outlined in the opening post. What could be the problem :?:
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

This is known issue and it is already fixed. You have to reinstall widget.

FFB, telnet enabler are included to widget, so you don`t need to use anything else.

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Hi, yes, here is a way to avoid such a restriction. Contact me over PM for further instructions.

Return to “[B] Software”