Applications for CI+ Devices

Here are software that related with Samsung B series TVs. Like hex editors, new version of BusyBox or internal software, app programs that will run in your TV hardware.:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER QUESTIONS or Problems.

erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Applications for CI+ Devices

Post by erdem_ua »

Here is the mprotect's applications for CI+ devices.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Re: Applications for CI+ Devices

Post by erdem_ua »

After inspecting cip-update, I implemented SamyGO Firmware Patcer v0.16 with CIP support.
Here the file for inspection for a while.

Patcher requires Crypto package for work.
Also Non-CI firmware patching use Crypto package for speed if its available.

There is more detail at SamyGO Firmware Patcher wiki page.
Last edited by erdem_ua on Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Updated the SamyGO Firmware Patcher
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

mprotect, I have question at my mind about cip-update application.
You indicate at README file that we needed to disable Watchdog by Service menu of TV for using cip-update application.
Couldn't we disable it via application itself via executing

Code: Select all

/mtd_boot/MicomCtrl 23
command?
That commands which stops Watchdog too and we can kill exeDSP without restart.
mprotect
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by mprotect »

erdem_ua wrote: Couldn't we disable it via application itself via executing

Code: Select all

/mtd_boot/MicomCtrl 23
command?
I advise to disable the watchdog to enhance the chances to repair a broken TV (in case exeDSP doesn't start anymore). And a login possibility is importent to be able to switch to the other flash partition.
After successful flashing the watchdog can be enabled again.
But maybe its a good idea to disable the watchdog in the startscripts so noone can forget it.
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

a-o wrote:Hello Erdem,
I had just upgraded my FW from 2005 to 2006. You wrote above that the VideoAR fix patch is for 2005 FW.
Do I have to downgrade back to 2005 in order to avoid bricking my TV, or will the SamyGO FW patcher tell me if the patch is not successful on a newer 2006 FW?
If I were you, I will downgrade back via TV menus before updating the device.
a-o wrote:Do I need to apply this VideoAR fix at all?
I think I would like to first just get telnet enabled whenever the TV is turned on, i.e. starting with the basic patch.
Does this also make sense to you? (you know, just to it step-wise in order to avoid mistakes form my side etc.)
Firmware patcher enables telnet if you don't choose the Advanced mode. VideoAR Fix are NOT supported by SamyGO Firmware Patcher on CI+ devices yet. Might be enabled by v0.17 of the script. You can also use AVRFix application to use VideoARFix. But this will require activated by hand each time.[/quote]
a-o wrote:Should I wait for the 0.16 version to be available in the DL area, or should I use the attached file "SamyGO Firmware Patcher PRE-v0.16.gz" from your post above?
If using the new/future one from the DL area, will then the other files attached above still be necessary?
I do not think so, but just want to make sure that I have understood it correctly.
Thanks for your help.
I clearly will test this if I have CI+ device, but I don't have CI+ device but CI one. So I don't test this script on TV, again I don't really know the result of flashing device with hacked firmware too. I put this PRE script for users who have CI+ device owners and volunteer to make a test. So If you decide to make it first, here is the script. If you don't want it, than you can wait for another person to test it in first place.
The "other files" is necessary for FLASHING modified firmware to your TV. Future versions of the script will relay on this approach too since we don't know RSA secret key of firmware signature.
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

Yes, RSA-Disable could have defect. mprotect will respond this ASAP.

Return to “[B] Software”