Applications for CI+ Devices

Here are software that related with Samsung B series TVs. Like hex editors, new version of BusyBox or internal software, app programs that will run in your TV hardware.:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER QUESTIONS or Problems.

erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Re: Applications for CI+ Devices

Post by erdem_ua » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:32 am

zoon01 wrote:I have to dig in and learn how i can compile on my own, i'm a windows user :cry:
debian, linux etc, pff not so good with it at all.
I think you didn't read WiKi pages. I Explain the process.

langerhans

Post by langerhans » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:52 pm

Hmm, thats really tricky... I didn't thought about this RSA thing... Dmn, I should have buyed the non CI+ one, or even the 650...
But if I think about it it would be just for playing around, until now theres no function that I would need.
But I'll read here and would like to thank you for your great work!

erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:17 pm

a-o, read the wiki Playing with Firmware Images section to understand what the RSA Disabler is.
There is no VideoARFix supported on CI+ devices at current Firmware Patcher script.
If you want VideoARFix than use AVRFix application. But it's firmware and version dependent. Thats why not under download area.
Your checksum looks correct as I remember...

maxkostuk, I don't inspect your screenshot because implementing this fix really checked by disassembler, not by hex editor. And there is a problem with your device is you cannot run RSA Disable program since yout device has no Content Library Game Menu. So you can modify your firmware, but I don't think that you can flash modified one.. I have some ideas at my mind for walk around from this problem.

erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:28 pm

a-o, you can enable watchdog again if you want because your TV is not bricked :) Debug mode RS232 is nothing bad personally. It allows you use SERVICE port for debugging.
You cannot test the firmware if its wrong or not without flashing. Because of this, praying section is really important step that must not skipped. :)

Return to “[B] Software”