NetSurf Web browser for SamyGO TV - THIRD RELEASE

Here are software that related with Samsung B series TVs. Like hex editors, new version of BusyBox or internal software, app programs that will run in your TV hardware.:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER QUESTIONS or Problems.

erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Re: NetSurf Web browser for SamyGO TV - FIRST RELEASE

Post by erdem_ua »

I merged topics. If we have a one topic for each release, than pages goes out of control.Will test this soon. Thanks :)
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

sacarino70 wrote:Hello,
I have a problem for running the web browser ....
I copy the file NetSurf of the TGZ in the folder \NetSurf of the USB ... and next put in the TV and search in the content\juegos and I don't find anything ...... Can somebody help me ??
Thank You
You needed to extract the file and put the extracted directory to USB's root. :)
jw1001

Post by jw1001 »

Actually, the file/folder doesn't need to be at the root (at least, not with T-CHL7DEUC). I have all of my extensions under /SamyGO folder on my 4GB flash drive and it finds all the content within a couple of seconds. Could be a bit slower if you had a big hard drive to search - probably better to keep files close to the root. I actually had both versions stored (with different folder names, and clmeta.dat files edited to change the names), so it's possible to test different options. You just need to remember to include the path in any configs.

Now my feedback. Thanks to ffischer for this. I had a problem getting the keyboard to work on first release - the only key that worked was Escape! However, it seems to have come good with 2nd release.

Keyboard observations: not as per NetSurf documentation
F1 - "back" page key, same as green "arrow" icon
F2 - cursor mode toggle, same as icon at right of address bar
Enter key - now works in URL bar, but not in Google search box (OK as these have clickable buttons)
Home key - Home page!
No shift key - left and right give "3" and "/" in address bar, unprintable characters elsewhere. This makes it impossible to fully type a url (can't do a colon ":"), though you can just edit an existing one - or put a template into the bookmarks.
No caps either, of course
Escape key - exits application back to Game menu
Can't edit URLs using cursor - only backspace works

I tried two mice and both worked OK. Scroll wheel works, according to cursor mode. Right click seemed to do same as left-click. Middle-click button had no function, neither did "back" or "forward" buttons, but then these are usually set in proprietary drivers.

Initially, many bookmarked pages seemed not to load, just showing blank space with background colour. :( Eventually, I realised I only needed to "Page Up/Down" or scroll to see the page content. :) With that method, most pages displayed OK. One with constant refresh slowed down the cursor response. A couple of times the application froze and needed a power-reset. Overall, I found the application quite useable for basic browsing, despite the limitations. Definitely a worthwhile effort.

Even if it's not practical to implement media play plugins for this browser, it could still be used for management of web-enabled media players with playback through Media Play or Widgets. I tried to access a TVersity server admin page, but it didn't load. The new Drivecast widget is also managed via the web, though I couldn't log in - maybe it needs https, or cookies.

I wasn't able to telnet to the TV after loading this application. Don't know if that was just a local issue - maybe someone else can check.
jw1001

Post by jw1001 »

dcomt wrote:I couldnt add my bookmark page to the folder. Tv does not accept the "homepage_url:file:/dtv/usb/sda1/NetSurf/bookmarks.html" . I looked at the log file and I saw that instead of sda1 it is like sdh, sdi and etc. But everytime I change the line at the netsurf folder, the letters at the log file are changing also. Anyway, I have no info about linux and maybe it is because of that.
I also saw that, though I didn't check the log files. It was working part of the time while I was changing between versions. I couldn't see anything wrong with the Options format. What editor did you use?

I put the bookmarks file in the root folder to simplify and it's working OK on "release 2". Note that if you install more than one copy of NetSurf folder on the drive, you can modify Options for each to give you a different home page for each version. You can rename the applications in clmeta.dat.
tskitishvili
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: NetSurf web browser - SECOND RELEASE

Post by tskitishvili »

ffischer wrote:I have uploaded a small update to the NetSurf web browser.
I hope this fixes the most common reported bugs:
and have fun :-)
I have tried NetSurf on LNxxA850. I managed to run it after repackaging the content to A-compatible game format. Unfortunately it crashes. Here is the log file:

Code: Select all

Hello Netsurf!
setjmp() --> 0
desktop/netsurf.c netsurf_init 369: version '2.1 (23 May 2009)'
desktop/netsurf.c netsurf_init 376: NetSurf on <Linux>, node <localhost>, release <2.6.18_SELP-ARM_V403_V6K>, version <#91 PREEMPT Mon May 19 18:34:53 KST 2008>, machine <armv6l>
desktop/netsurf.c lib_init 434: xmlParserVersion 20632, LIBXML_VERSION_STRING 20632
framebuffer/fb_gui.c gui_init 294: argc 1, argv 0x6cafee0c
framebuffer/fb_gui.c gui_init 297: Using '/dtv/usb/sda1/SEC_GAME/NetSurf/framebuffer/res/Aliases' as Aliases file
framebuffer/fb_gui.c gui_init 304: Using '/dtv/usb/sda1/SEC_GAME/NetSurf/framebuffer/res/messages' as Messages file
SIProcess: SIGNAL 11 caught.
           SIGSEGV - Invalid memory reference; code=1 (SEGV_MAPERR - address not mapped to object )
           Mem Address=(nil)
BACKTRACE:
/dtv/usb/sda1/SEC_GAME/NetSurf/libNetSurf.so[0x6de2b58c]
/mtd_exe/exeDSP(inflateReset+0xc0)[0x560038]
/mtd_cmmlib/GAME_LIB/libz.so[0x401d9f04]
/dtv/usb/sda1/SEC_GAME/NetSurf/libNetSurf.so[0x6ddaf3a8]
die called - reason: Fatal exception caught.
setjmp() --> 1
exiting because of die()
dasilverpaladin
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by dasilverpaladin »

dcomt wrote:I tried with notepad but it didnt work so I tried on ubuntu with gedit which I do not have experience. Now it's ok, I can see the bookmarks.
you should get your self notepad++ for windows, it has some options for formatting text, ANSII Unicode etc.
had no problems with it and TV files.

Return to “[B] Software”