NetSurf Web browser for SamyGO TV - THIRD RELEASE

Here are software that related with Samsung B series TVs. Like hex editors, new version of BusyBox or internal software, app programs that will run in your TV hardware.:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER QUESTIONS or Problems.

erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Re: NetSurf Web browser for SamyGO TV - THIRD RELEASE

Post by erdem_ua »

Telnet script patch will be available with v0.25, you can also download it from SVN server as beta...
But this problem is not related with telnet patching...
antapetr

Post by antapetr »

hi,
On T-CHL7DEUC firmware function y_HWFillRect is exported by /mtd_exe/YWidget_LIB/libYahooSDLHWAcceleration.so library. On T-CHU7DEUC v.2004.0 this library is missing (by inspecting firmware i could say that whole Internet@TV feature is missing despite the fact that in user manuals it is described). So for you there is no very easy way to fix this problem. I see two possible options:
1. [Download and] compile Netsurf for TV by no using y_HWFillRect function in netsurf browser frame buffer abstraction library libnsfb (as I remember original libnsfb implementation uses not accelerated SDL functions so it could be done easily). You can try to ask ffischer (author of Netsurf port on Samsung) to do special version for TV's without Internet@TV (or specifically without using SDL acceleration functions).
2. Upgrade your firmware to newer. But as there is no newer version for Asian LED TV's of 7th Series you should risk by upgrading using European/North American/Australian firmware. I don't remember if any of SamyGo folks where talking about successful application of other region firmware.

Happy hacking
arris69
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by arris69 »

antapetr wrote:hi,
On T-CHL7DEUC firmware function y_HWFillRect is exported by /mtd_exe/YWidget_LIB/libYahooSDLHWAcceleration.so library. On T-CHU7DEUC v.2004.0 this library is missing (by inspecting firmware i could say that whole Internet@TV feature is missing despite the fact that in user manuals it is described). So for you there is no very easy way to fix this problem. I see two possible options:
1. [Download and] compile Netsurf for TV by no using y_HWFillRect function in netsurf browser frame buffer abstraction library libnsfb (as I remember original libnsfb implementation uses not accelerated SDL functions so it could be done easily). You can try to ask ffischer (author of Netsurf port on Samsung) to do special version for TV's without Internet@TV (or specifically without using SDL acceleration functions)...
Happy hacking
i guess netsurf not use y_HWFillRect directly, you "just" need to recompile netsurf and link against correct sdl lib (without YahooSDLHWAcceleration stuff)

hth
arris

Return to “[B] Software”