SamygoPVR - Record TV over USB or network location.

Here are software that related with Samsung B series TVs. Like hex editors, new version of BusyBox or internal software, app programs that will run in your TV hardware.:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER QUESTIONS or Problems.

smartsmurf
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Record TV over USB

Post by smartsmurf »

Thanks. :)

By the way, I sometimes get no sound output when I play back recorded TS. Ffmpeg on my PC shows this information:

Code: Select all

Input #0, mpegts, from 'test.ts':
  Duration: 24:09:30.69, start: 6301.338656, bitrate: 11 kb/s
  Program 11100 Das Erste HD
    Metadata:
      name            : Das Erste HD
      provider_name   : ARD
    Stream #0.0[0x816]: Data: [5][0][0][0] / 0x0005
    Stream #0.1[0x87b]: Data: [11][0][0][0] / 0x000B
    Stream #0.2[0x177a]: Video: h264, yuv420p, 1280x720 [PAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 60.1
6 fps, 50 tbr, 90k tbn, 100 tbc
    Stream #0.3[0x1784](ger): Audio: mp3, 0 channels, s16
    Stream #0.4[0x1785](ger): Audio: mp3, 0 channels, s16
    Stream #0.5[0x1786](ger): Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, stereo, s16, 448 kb/s
    Stream #0.6[0x178e](ger): Subtitle: [6][0][0][0] / 0x0006
  Program 28487 BR-alpha
    Metadata:
      name            : BR-alpha
  Program 28721 EinsExtra
    Metadata:
      name            : EinsExtra
  Program 28722 Einsfestival
    Metadata:
      name            : Einsfestival
  Program 28723 EinsPlus
    Metadata:
      name            : EinsPlus
  Program 28724 arte
    Metadata:
      name            : arte
  Program 28725 Phoenix
    Metadata:
      name            : Phoenix
Obviously "Stream #0.3" and "Stream #0.4" are broken (bitrate is zero). But according to the ROSE-Logs the TV selects the first supported audio stream (Stream #0.3 using MP2), tries to play it, fails and mutes audio.
Anyone else experiencing this behaviour with release 0.10.2?
smartsmurf

Post by smartsmurf »

sondeu wrote: I applied the patch, i'm now able to switch Audio from MKV files - but if the patch is active I'm no longer able to watch (hear) vob files --> there is absolutely no audio anymore :(
Can you provide an example VOB? As outlined in another thread, I believe that audio selection on CIP devices has a little bit changed, so some code might not work 100%. Read here for more details:
http://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f= ... t=60#p7795

sondeu wrote: - will it be possible to watch the recorded files directly after recording in the future (without remuxing) or is this not possible
This works for me within another project (not finished yet). The piece of source code which does the trick is this:

/* Lets try to fix=>hide invalid audio streams */
	/* libexedsp source code: */
	/*
	for( i = 0; i < MAX_STREAMS; i++ ){
		switch( media_info_context->stream_info[i].stream_type ){
		case Multimedia::STREAM_TYPE_AUDIO:
			if( media_info_context->stream_info[i].audio_info.nBitRate == 0 ){
				ROSE_PRINT(0x4, "Stream index = %i (AUDIO) has zero bitrate. Removing stream.", i );
				media_info_context->stream_info[i].stream_type = Multimedia::STREAM_TYPE_NONE;
				media_info_context->stream_info[i].stream_id   = 0;
			}
			break;
		default:
			break;
		}
	}
sondeu wrote: - will it be possible to record HDMI or another source in the future... ?
I don't think this makes sense, does it?

Cheers,
SM
smartsmurf

Post by smartsmurf »

sondeu wrote: Hmm, may be it make sense as I have a PayTV receiver and then I should be able to record paytv? I have no Smartcard for the TV and have to use the external receiver....
Hehe, good point. But this is topic for another thread. I don't think recording HDMI (8,16GBit/sec) on USB 2.0 device (480 MBit/sec) is feasible. That's why I think it will not work.
I also thought about porting an open source softcam to Samsung DTV, but I am not sure whether it is possible to catch the encrypted TS in memory to run libcsa over it. There are two functions, namely SdCI_Get(SdCI_Settings_t *) and SdCI_Set(SdCI_Settings_t *) which allow the TS to go through CI or bypass CI. But at the moment I am busy with other things...
smartsmurf

Post by smartsmurf »

sondeu (and other who want to try this on CIP devices): please find attached another version with source code attached.
It removes unsupported (e.g. DTS) or defective audio streams. Audio switching works partially. At least using the switch-stop-play procedure. I also added avrfix2 in order to change aspect ratio while movie playback.

It is important to have the following two lines in pvr.ini

AUDIO_SWITCH=OFF
AUDIO_SWITCH_CIP=RED
They switch off the normal (non-CIP) version and enable the CIP version of the audio switch module.

Please note: this is not an official release, but just a hack based on the samygopvr release 0.10.2.

Good luck and best regards,
SM
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
openikev2

Post by openikev2 »

smartsmurf wrote:sondeu (and other who want to try this on CIP devices): please find attached another version with source code attached.
It removes unsupported (e.g. DTS) or defective audio streams. Audio switching works partially. At least using the switch-stop-play procedure. I also added avrfix2 in order to change aspect ratio while movie playback.

It is important to have the following two lines in pvr.ini

AUDIO_SWITCH=OFF
AUDIO_SWITCH_CIP=RED
They switch off the normal (non-CIP) version and enable the CIP version of the audio switch module.

Please note: this is not an official release, but just a hack based on the samygopvr release 0.10.2.

Good luck and best regards,
SM
Hello Smartmurf,

thanks for this patch for CI devices. I think you guys are doing an impressive work.
I tried this version and sadly is not working as well as I wish :). Half of the times it restart the TV. Additionally, movies with more than one valid sound track does not produce any sound at all. On the other hand, I have no more "Invalid format" on recorded media, that now plays nicely (I guess that it removes all the invalid tracks, and only one lefts, otherwise I would have problem described before when more than one valid track is available).

Anyway, thanks for the great effort, I really appreciate it.
Best regards
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

smartsmurf wrote:I also added avrfix2 in order to change aspect ratio while movie playback.
Does it work on non CIP devices?
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE

Return to “[B] Software”